Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.45] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I got some ideas for the story.

Since investigation seems to be a large part of this game, there should be some items to clue the player in on where the scientists went. Maybe even trying to collect some sperm from the parasite beasts or capturing a wharf roach as a pet. The beach and staring at the ocean kinda felt pointless to me other than to show how horny leah is. So I'd like to see a ship overhead in the ocean waves and for leah to swim over and collect some data from the wreckage or maybe follow some footprints
Those are some good ideas to brainstorm on the potential story progression, thank you for your input. I don't exactly know the full intention of the "ocean staring" feature, but if I find an opportunity to take advantage of it I surely will.

Oh, It's a shame, I guess I'll have to wait to play it, since my pc can't run it well
Which type of problem do you have when you try to run the game?

Eroism, do you intend to add new scenes? And, can I use the original interface?
When it comes to your second question, I didn't quite understand it. Could you repeat it?

Regarding the new scenes, I'll quote the reply I gave on another comment to avoid giving the same answer multiple times :).
As I stated in some other reply, the main objective is to restore the original content in an improved way. Once that point is reached, I would like to expand upon what exists, but there are some limitations that need to be resolved for that, mainly the lack of further CGs for more game scenes.

Other smaller, but still relevant problems would be to write a small story that makes sense in the context of the game, to fill in that void (I've attempted to start this with the initial message when Leah arrives at the beach, just to create some very minor world building), more areas, those cut mechanics and a conclusion/goal, like you said.

For now however I want to focus on reaching the original's game point. After that I'll see the "if" and "how" to proceed.

Reactions: whaegzueli

Myrneko

Nov 6, 2019
Those are some good ideas to brainstorm on the potential story progression, thank you for your input. I don't exactly know the full intention of the "ocean staring" feature, but if I find an opportunity to take advantage of it I surely will.

Which type of problem do you have when you try to run the game?

When it comes to your second question, I didn't quite understand it. Could you repeat it?

Regarding the new scenes, I'll quote the reply I gave on another comment to avoid giving the same answer multiple times :).
Fps issues, I can run the Original game just fine, but I have performance issues with this one

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Fps issues, I can run the Original game just fine, but I have performance issues with this one
Well that is unexpected. Can you tell me the specifications of your PC, like CPU, RAM, GPU and OS (linux/windows) ? I can search the engine docs if there is some sort of hardware or driver incompatibility and report it back on the page if that's the case.

Otherwise could be bad optimization on my part, I know the remake may have a few performance issues, specially during scenes, but I didn't expect them to impact much outside of that.

I played the original on the ancient prehistoric CardWirthPy engine and i had to do some hacks to make it run somewhat smoothly. Never would i ever imagine the day that a remake like this would come out, great job eroism !
Thank you for the support! The original version is always available in its thread, in case you want to experience the challenge of setting it up again :).

Reactions: whaegzueli

Myrneko

Nov 6, 2019
Well that is unexpected. Can you tell me the specifications of your PC, like CPU, RAM, GPU and OS (linux/windows) ? I can search the engine docs if there is some sort of hardware or driver incompatibility and report it back on the page if that's the case.

Otherwise could be bad optimization on my part, I know the remake may have a few performance issues, specially during scenes, but I didn't expect them to impact much outside of that.
Intel Celeron n2808 1.58GHz
4 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics
Windows 10

Myrneko

Nov 6, 2019
I don't exactly know the full intention of the "ocean staring" feature, but if I find an opportunity to take advantage of it I surely will.
Maybe you can use the "Ocean staring" feature to low her "Mental corruption" or something like that and make a more dynamic corruption system

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
do you have a roadmap that you wouldn't mind sharing with us
I have a rough text file with the highlight of each update that I plan to do, but it is not a very graceful roadmap with details and possible dates, but I don't mind sharing that overview :). Not entirely sure if this is what you intended.
  • v0.40 -> Cliff + Mining + Big Parasite Worm scenes
  • v0.45 -> Rumia + Shop + Pet Dog scenes
  • v0.50 -> Shore + Jellyfish scenes + Rumia scenes
  • v0.55 -> Mushroom scene + lewdness crystal
  • v0.60 -> Swamp + Leech scenes
  • v0.65 -> Mosquito scenes + libido equipment
  • v0.70 -> Sewer + Egg Fly scenes + Parasite Beast temptation scenes
  • v0.80 -> Slug scenes + ???Doppelmina??? + Leech temptation scenes
  • v0.90 -> Deeper forest + Banana Tree + Banana Bug scenes
  • v1.0 -> Waterfall + Cicada scenes <- (Point of the original game, I think...)
Intel Celeron n2808 1.58GHz
4 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics
Windows 10
I see that you are running on the minimum requirements of the engine, which seems to be the main culprit for this case. I'll try to improve the performance wherever I can, but cannot do much more than that to ensure it will work better.

It could also be the version of OpenGL on your machine, but I doubt it. Check if your integrated graphics card supports version 3.3 of OpenGL, as that is the minimum version required by the engine.

Maybe you can use the "Ocean staring" feature to low her "Mental corruption" or something like that and make a more dynamic corruption system
This is a nice idea by the way. Could work like a "once per day" lewdness decrease, or something akin to that.

Myrneko

Nov 6, 2019
I see that you are running on the minimum requirements of the engine, which seems to be the main culprit for this case. I'll try to improve the performance wherever I can, but cannot do much more than that to ensure it will work better.

It could also be the version of OpenGL on your machine, but I doubt it. Check if your integrated graphics card supports version 3.3 of OpenGL, as that is the minimum version required by the engine.
I updated my Graphic driver (so my OpenGL got updated too) and now I can play it without any problem ! Thanks for the help

Myrneko

Nov 6, 2019
Btw I got a little sugestion, Since in the original game you can skip messages clicking anywhere in the screen, there was no problem on clicking accidentaly on an option that you dont wanna click, But here you only can skip messages through the "ok" button, so, my Sugestion is: When multiple choices appear, you can add a little option on the top That just triggers a replay of the same Multiple choice message? so when people want to skip through messages dont missclick an option that they dont wanna click

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I updated my Graphic driver (so my OpenGL got updated too) and now I can play it without any problem ! Thanks for the help
Btw I got a little sugestion, Since in the original game you can skip messages clicking anywhere in the screen, there was no problem on clicking accidentaly on an option that you dont wanna click, But here you only can skip messages through the "ok" button, so, my Sugestion is: When multiple choices appear, you can add a little option on the top That just triggers a replay of the same Multiple choice message? so when people want to skip through messages dont missclick an option that they dont wanna click
Glad it worked out for you. And I was thinking that the OpenGL version was the less likely scenario :LOL:.

I think I understand the problem you are indicating with the multiple choices. I don't know if having a button to repeat the choices is the best way to handle it, since the current message box system works like a queue of messages with options, and when a message is closed it is in fact gone. Of course this can be changed to save messages with multiple options and allow to show them again, but sounds a bit prone to bugs, or at least race conditions between messages.

One other option I see, is to give it a sort of timer, or delay before you can click any of the options, when a message has more that the "Ok" option. This way I think you could click at least once (maybe twice) without any problems, and then recognize that there were multiple options to select and stop spamming the button. I'm not entirely sure this could work, but I can try to implement this on one of the next updates.

Reactions: Myrneko

Myrneko

Nov 6, 2019
I just found some little issues:

-When I use the longer animation on, during the Ejaculation scene of the Parasite beast, The pistons before ejaculating gets a little buggy and starts looping in an akward form

-After the First penetration of the parasite Beast (again using the Longer animations on) I think the "rest post penetration" loop last much longer than it would be

-Looks like multiple enemies Can still try to capture Leah even if she's already Captured (idk if this is because I used the battle speed multiplier)

Reactions: eroism

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Version v0.40 is out!

This one is a little weak in bug content, as I tried to move up the crafting system. Still, it includes the big Parasite Worm scenes, which trigger on the 4th Parasite Scene event. Don't forget to take off your undergarments to freshen up the body ;).

Currently, the implemented craftable items are:
  • Dagger
  • Leather Knuckles
  • Bow
  • Buckler
  • Bandages (crafts 5 at a time)
  • Pickaxe

Also took the opportunity to publish the game on itch.io, so in case you wish to support me in purchasing a mid development snack, or to invest on a next project, you can do so at: .

Mind you that this doesn't change anything regarding the remake, except that I'll keep the changelog on itch's page and link them on my update posts, instead of duplicating the information on each thread.

On another note, I'm no longer on vacations :(, so the next updates will probably take a longer time in development as my free time is a bit more constrained.

Pinkalyn

Apr 25, 2023
Gotta say, I love the content and it's really well put together. It inspired me to try the original Cardwirth version. And failing to get that to work inspired me to come back here and cheer on this project! You're doing great, and I look forward to seeing the progress!

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes