Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.60] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Can you get a game over from all mobs or just the roaches?

I crafted a dagger but it didnt help that much since I get parried most of the time. Is there a "correct" way to fight?

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Reporting some typos:
- Dagger description: Lightweight is misspelled. (lighweight)
- Bow description: increasing is misspelled. (increassing)
- Pickaxe description: Grammar: "Tool for breaking rocks." (rock is currently singular)
- Sedative description: suppresses is misspelled. (surpresses)

Minor bug, Damage statistics.
MC base damage: 15
Dagger: +15 DMG
Bow: +10 DMG, +10% DEF

Total DMG should be: 40 DMG, right?
View attachment 3820442
However, as the image shows, DMG total is only 33. Is this the correct values? Or is there a calculation being done on the backend, and it's not just stacking DMG on top of each other? Please advise.
A few more missed misspellings I see.

The value of damage that you see in the stats (33) is correct, I forgot to edit the descriptions of the items, but the dagger actually adds 10 damage points and the bow 8. I'll correct the descriptions on the next update.

Have you experienced any crashes on scenes in the latest version per chance?

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
A few more missed misspellings I see.

The value of damage that you see in the stats (33) is correct, I forgot to edit the descriptions of the items, but the dagger actually adds 10 damage points and the bow 8. I'll correct the descriptions on the next update.

Have you experienced any crashes on scenes in the latest version per chance?
Nope, no crashes so far, and not getting interrupted during CG scenes like before.

Also a quick one: Disinfectant Herb item does not show up on the left side when you find it, unlike other items.
screenshot20240711T182352.png

Drybear

Aug 31, 2020
One thing to implement later is making Wharf Roaches & Wharf Roach G actually have an item drop. I always hated that there is less incentive to fight them compared to every other enemy in the game.

Reactions: Pilikalo

IonDistorter

Jun 17, 2020
One thing to implement later is making Wharf Roaches & Wharf Roach G actually have an item drop. I always hated that there is less incentive to fight them compared to every other enemy in the game.
for useful placeholder now wharf G should give more beast material than usual enemies, and make it more stronger

accuran

Aug 6, 2018
Since this is a rework of the game, there's still a lot of stuff that hasn't been done yet. There's still areas that aren't available yet.
Also, there's not really much an objective on the game right now, other than to view the CG scenes from different creatures. There's not really a guide since all you got to do to view the scenes is to lose the fight. But I guess here are some tips to get started:

Main Goals:
1. Search for materials
- Game has a basic crafting system for items you'll need to fight enemies. At the start of the game, there's little incentive for you to fight, it's best to Escape fights for now until you have the necessary equipment.

2. Craft a Bow
- Bow adds +10 DMG and +10% DEF using basic materials, so it's a fast way of buffing your character.
- Make sure to equip the bow after crafting! Click your character > Inventory > Click the Bow > Equip

3. Look for Cliffside Area for Ores
- You might have already found this simply by searching on the forest.
- Once you find the area, go to it immediately and search where the ores are.

4. Craft a Pickaxe
- To craft a Pickaxe, you need to find a broken pickaxe, and 3 Ores. The search rates are low. Be prepared to do this for several IG days.

5. Mine more ores
- After crafting the Pickaxe (no need to equip), go back to Cliffside and mine ores directly. It'll give you different types of ores too.

6. Craft a Dagger
- You just need one ore and a vine to make this, which will buff your DMG to +15

7. Start hunting!
- You should have enough DMG to start hunting, preferably the parasite dogs. They will drop beast pelts that are needed for better items.
- Run away when you see the Wharf Roach (G). That guy is tough.
- Make sure you have enough stock of disinfectant herbs to keep crafting bandages.

8. Craft a Buckler
- You'll need 5 beast pelts and wood in order to craft a buckler, so that's a lot of fights.
- It's a good investment though, as it'll buff your DEF by 15%

9. Look for Rumia
- You must have likely encountered her already. If not, you need to lose to the wharf roaches once and initiate a CG scene, as that's linked to the story.
- After losing once, just keep searching the forest to find her.

10. Get corrupted and have high lewdness
- Lewdness increases by one for every r*pe / CG scene that your character encounters. The higher the lewdness, the more your character gets corrupted, to the point where she won't even resist the encounters anymore.
- However, losing while having high lewdness results in a game over scene, as the character falls into depravity. Try to avoid this!
- Lewdness does not go down on it's own. By encountering Rumia and going to her shop, you can release your character's pent up lewdness and convert it to libido stones. This will reset your character's lewdness back to zero, where you're free to engage the enemies once more without succumbing.
- It does require SP every time she condenses her lewdness to the stone however, so make sure you have items to sell (the ores are a good things to sell)

11. Trade in lewdness for libido stones for better items
- The libido stones serve as an end-game currency. You can trade an X number of libido stones for special equipment and items.
- One item is a ring that will let your character tempt the enemies, immediately initiating a CG scene. The actions and dialog is also different, vs a regular consent scene.
- Therefore, the end game goal is to have your character get corrupted again and again, so that you can get more libido stones.

Hope that helps as a startup guide towards the game! The steps would likely change as more items and locations are unlocked.

---------------------------------

Reporting some typos:
- Dagger description: Lightweight is misspelled. (lighweight)
- Bow description: increasing is misspelled. (increassing)
- Pickaxe description: Grammar: "Tool for breaking rocks." (rock is currently singular)
- Sedative description: suppresses is misspelled. (surpresses)

Minor bug, Damage statistics.
MC base damage: 15
Dagger: +15 DMG
Bow: +10 DMG, +10% DEF

Total DMG should be: 40 DMG, right?
View attachment 3820442
However, as the image shows, DMG total is only 33. Is this the correct values? Or is there a calculation being done on the backend, and it's not just stacking DMG on top of each other? Please advise.
You are a legend. Thank you.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Nope, no crashes so far, and not getting interrupted during CG scenes like before.

Also a quick one: Disinfectant Herb item does not show up on the left side when you find it, unlike other items.
View attachment 3823247
Not having crashes is a great thing already :).

A consequence of the updates to the message boxes, I think I already know what went wrong there and will have it patched on the next version.

for useful placeholder now wharf G should give more beast material than usual enemies, and make it more stronger
Those are good ideas. I've never though much about the Wharf Roach drops, being the first enemies you face most of the time and all, but it actually makes sense to have them contribute to the loot pool. Maybe some early source of Insect Mucus, like most other insects provide.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Another release for the remake!

This time we have the Bugshroom and the Android version, by popular demand. Let me know if it works well, because I did a lot of testing on that version, but even so, can't confirm that it will always work as expected.

Added a new setting to preload scene images, allowing for better performance during the animation. This setting has the drawback of taking more time to actually start a scene, but the transitions are then smoother and faster.

Read the details and changelog at

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes