Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.80] [Eroism]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

How should the drop rate of items on defeated enemies be changed?

• Unchanged and raw (Same as original, high chances of having nothing)

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • Half cooked (Similar to original, BUT low chances of nothing)

Votes: 124 24.4%
  • Deep fried (Enemies always drop something, 0% chance of nothing)

Votes: 242 47.6%
  • Takeout (Same as original, BUT instead of dropping nothing, they drop normal region items as well)

Votes: 123 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sicxer

Aug 4, 2024
I unintentionally muted the sound and save the settings but now, it remains on 0, impossible to reset the sound to default....
Same bug for me too. Sound setting can't be adjusted back up.

I fixed it for now by going to %appdata% and deleting settings.dat to reset the settings.

Reactions: Gùsepp

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I unintentionally muted the sound and save the settings but now, it remains on 0, impossible to reset the sound to default....
Same bug for me too. Sound setting can't be adjusted back up.

I fixed it for now by going to %appdata% and deleting settings.dat to reset the settings.
Indeed, I've confirmed a while ago that a bug exists in the sound volume settings. The work around currently is to delete the file settings.dat to restore the default settings. This work around should function in any platform, however the hotfix will soon take care of this.

Reactions: WeaponizedAutism

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Just released the hotfix for version 0.65 (v0.65a).

This version is just about correcting the compatibility issues with Android 14 and fixing the volume setting bug, and as such there is no new content in it.

I'm also recovering from sickness right now, so version 0.70 will be a bit delayed as a consequence :(.

The changelog is at .

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
InsectPrisonRemake-0.65a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: eroism

itthatbetrays

Dec 13, 2018
Eroism, you're my hero. Mushi no Kangoku was the game that really got me into bug stuff and parasites and I was really sad that Viscaria dropped the project to do his new CG sets, but now that you're restoring it into a viable system at least I can replay it with ease and know that many more people will enjoy those awesome scenes.
I've read your goal is to reach the point where the author dropped it, but did you contact Viscaria about his plans to continue the game? Or if he's open to make more CGs in the old style?
I think this could even be one of the few ethical uses of AI to make intermediate frames for the new CGs to integrate them in the game, lol

Reactions: am3k and Daioh

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Eroism, you're my hero. Mushi no Kangoku was the game that really got me into bug stuff and parasites and I was really sad that Viscaria dropped the project to do his new CG sets, but now that you're restoring it into a viable system at least I can replay it with ease and know that many more people will enjoy those awesome scenes.
I've read your goal is to reach the point where the author dropped it, but did you contact Viscaria about his plans to continue the game? Or if he's open to make more CGs in the old style?
I think this could even be one of the few ethical uses of AI to make intermediate frames for the new CGs to integrate them in the game, lol
Hello itthatbetrays, thank you for the support :).

I am yet to ask him what is availability will be for creating new CGs. I'll be attempting to strike another conversation with him when I get near version 1.0, as I want to have some plans and options. So far I didn't take much time to think about "post remake" developments.

When I first talked with him I knew he was busy with his own projects, so I wouldn't put much faith in having new CGs of the same style, at least for free :LOL:, but I'll see what can be done anyhow, maybe he would even be interested in it.

Reactions: Axismundi and Daioh

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I've created a new poll for a feature for the next version.

On one of the responses there was a mention of an option to skip repeated scenes, and I'm thinking on adding that on 0.70. So let me know which flavor of "skip repeated scenes" would you like to see, or if none at all.

Astaryx

Jul 11, 2024
View attachment 3760102

Overview:
This is a remake of Atella's (Mr.183) CardWirth game, Mushi no Kangoku.
Leah is an adventurer that takes a request to find a missing survey team on a mysterious recently discovered island. The problem with the request is that the island is home to many giant insects, that are more than happy to welcome Leah, in ways that she is probably not expecting...​

Thread Updated: 2024-08-06
Release Date: 2024-06-11
Developer: Eroism -
Original Developer: Mr. 183
Censored: No
Version: 0.65a
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - PIXELDRAIN -
Linux: - - PIXELDRAIN -
Android: - - PIXELDRAIN -

Thanks to Atella (Mr.183) for his permission and CGs for the remake. Thanks to Bzshr for the upscaled CGs.

View attachment 3745194 View attachment 3745195 View attachment 3745196 View attachment 3745197 View attachment 3745198
YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

...thx for the share...

• Red Heart
Reactions: eroism

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Alright, and the results are in :cool:.

screenshot2.png
With this in mind the next version, 0.70, will have a new setting which will automatically skip repeated scenes when ON. If the setting is set to OFF then, for every scene that is already unlocked in the save file, a prompt will appear to ask the player if he wants to watch the animation again or not.

Since the second most voted option was the prompt skip, the setting will be defaulted to OFF, so prompting will be the behavior by omission and you only need to meddle with it if you desire to automatically skip repeated scenes without input.

This will come in nicely with the Recall Scenes feature (Mushi no Kangoku's gallery version I guess), which will also be added on version 0.70.

Thank you for your participation :).

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
eroism, I have ideas to help build the game without the need to commit to the same exact hentai art style, including game end variations and their logic (tentative).

First, acknowledge the possibility that story intro and outro (endings) do not need to match the hentai art style. At least, many games do this so this game can too. Something sketch-like, as in no color, rougher drawings acceptable.

Next, what's the point? To find a research team stuck on this island. But what kind of endings can there be besides the one ending in which you find the researchers?

First, before I begin the following is written under the assumption you find whatever remains of the research team all at once, since there may not be enough art to cover finding multiple characters consecutively (char A, B, C, etc). In short, you find the team singularly, because otherwise you'd need the usual story progression of char, mission, new char, repeat.

Next, what about the point of exploring, parasites, time passing, lust, etc? This is where the end routes feel interesting.

Next to consider as an optional implementation I think would be really unique and interesting: time delta simulation via making turns in a battle count towards progression of days.

I'd normally not be interested in giving such feedback - especially to a game working on limited art - but I appreciate someone taking time to learn Godot by finishing someone's else's abandoned project. That's 2 good things out of this, and an actually solid unique game could be a 3rd perk.

Last edited:
Reactions: squallsq

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
eroism, I have ideas to help build the game without the need to commit to the same exact hentai art style, including game end variations and their logic (tentative).

First, acknowledge the possibility that story intro and outro (endings) do not need to match the hentai art style. At least, many games do this so this game can too. Something sketch-like, as in no color, rougher drawings acceptable.

Next, what's the point? To find a research team stuck on this island. But what kind of endings can there be besides the one ending in which you find the researchers?

First, before I begin the following is written under the assumption you find whatever remains of the research team all at once, since there may not be enough art to cover finding multiple characters consecutively (char A, B, C, etc). In short, you find the team singularly, because otherwise you'd need the usual story progression of char, mission, new char, repeat.

Next, what about the point of exploring, parasites, time passing, lust, etc? This is where the end routes feel interesting.

Next to consider as an optional implementation I think would be really unique and interesting: time delta simulation via making turns in a battle count towards progression of days.

I'd normally not be interested in giving such feedback - especially to a game working on limited art - but I appreciate someone taking time to learn Godot by finishing someone's else's abandoned project. That's 2 good things out of this, and an actually solid unique game could be a 3rd perk.
The ending I expect is she finds them alive, but they like being a breeding vessle so they decided to stay and fuck the creatures / or get fucked. Leah happily joins them with high corruption or calls for a Helikopter and gets rescued, lying to her employer, saying she didnt find the Team or they died.

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Is there a chance that some has made a walkthrough or a list of hits for when the player is stuck?
You cant get stuck since there is no story or endgame.

Get fucked by roaches 3 times to unlock the shop at the beach. If you want to kill stuff explore the forest until you find the cliff. Get up the ladder and explore until you get enough iron to make a pickaxe, craft it then farm the ore at the cliff untill you can craft the dagger.

Heavy strikes twoshot most mobs using the dagger so start farming mobs. Jellyfish are easy and offer lewdity without a drawback of getting a game over (roaches) or parasites (dogs). Having more than 4 parasite can put you in a rape loop every other turn which can get annoying if you want to farm stuff. They are hard to get rid of lf too.

There is also a wiki for the original game this remake is based off. Just Google mushi no Kangoku wiki.

Last edited:

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019

These are some very intricate thoughts on using time as a mechanic, you have some very interesting ideas here. Particularly using time to take your good endings away is a very amusing idea.

The story can have very similar endings with small conclusion variations based on a set of conditions like you said, time being part of the mix. So something like, how lewd and infected you've been, mixed with how many relations and births you had, plus how much time has passed, slowly decrease Leah's reason, and this will deteriorate the potential "goodness" of your conclusions.

Using time as a deeper mechanic is also interesting, but there are a few things that need to be though out, for example.
  • If night becomes part of the gameplay cycle, there has to be a threshold or limit to how much you can do. I can imagine something like, after night arrives, each action you do that night, is one less action you do the next morning, because Leah is getting tired so she will sleep longer, either that or pass out if you go a whole day without sleep.
  • If turns pass time, then maybe the scenes could pass turns in a battle, to represent passing time. And if I understood correctly, every X turns you advance 1 action, so night gets nearer.
  • Night would require something that makes it distinguished from day. I think the idea of more difficult enemy encounters is very cool, but would more actions per day be enough of a perceived advantage over the risk? The parties would have to be way tougher as well, maybe with that balance, it would be actually be enough.
  • There could be some events that only happen at night and scenes could also be played at night.
  • I think I saw an hammock in some of Atella's CGs. Time constraints could be a good Segway to introduce a feature to sleep in any map and wake up in that same map, with all the risks that come with it. Having said that, we don't currently loose actions by moving between maps, but this can easily be changed.
The ending I expect is she finds them alive, but they like being a breeding vessle so they decided to stay and fuck the creatures / or get fucked. Leah happily joins them with high corruption or calls for a Helikopter and gets rescued, lying to her employer, saying she didnt find the Team or they died.
I do believe at least the reasoning and overall end point will probably be something simple along those lines.

"Look, you've found the team. They are all addicted or stuck being playthings for insects and now you have a choice."

Or maybe instead of having a choice, letting your reason decide for you, that could also be interesting. Like the total of your actions is your demise at the end, based on the ideas and progression that JustAl gave.

Reactions: JustAl and Daioh

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
These are some very intricate thoughts on using time as a mechanic, you have some very interesting ideas here. Particularly using time to take your good endings away is a very amusing idea.
To take away routes with the passage of time is known as a time knife, a condition which severs away paths if conditions are not met before specific time thresholds. A particularly strong H-game example is The Dead End, which changes the end of the game and whether each friend stays perfectly alive, loses their soul, or becomes a strong zombie you would need to fight. Tales of Androgyny also has this feature in its main story mode, although the freeform exploration mode had more progress early on for a long time so I don't have an impression for how many and how strong the time knives are in this game. Revenge Game has a flow that feels like a proxy to time knives, in the sense that every step your enemies progress is closer to your game over, sometimes the situation in front of you is so bad that you have no choice but to let your enemies progress to kill you, and you can make interesting choices like purposely throw away power-ups that make you strong in battle in exchange for power-ups that enable you to hinder your adversaries' progress towards killing you. Time knives are good drama, I'm surprised how underused they are.

The story can have very similar endings with small conclusion variations based on a set of conditions like you said, time being part of the mix. So something like, how lewd and infected you've been, mixed with how many relations and births you had, plus how much time has passed, slowly decrease Leah's reason, and this will deteriorate the potential "goodness" of your conclusions.
That's a good way to go about it. Use an appropriate amount of tracking variables to ensure conditions to tell your story are easy to deal with.

Using time as a deeper mechanic is also interesting, but there are a few things that need to be though out, for example.
  1. If night becomes part of the gameplay cycle, there has to be a threshold or limit to how much you can do. I can imagine something like, after night arrives, each action you do that night, is one less action you do the next morning, because Leah is getting tired so she will sleep longer, either that or pass out if you go a whole day without sleep.
  2. If turns pass time, then maybe the scenes could pass turns in a battle, to represent passing time. And if I understood correctly, every X turns you advance 1 action, so night gets nearer.
  3. Night would require something that makes it distinguished from day. I think the idea of more difficult enemy encounters is very cool, but would more actions per day be enough of a perceived advantage over the risk? The parties would have to be way tougher as well, maybe with that balance, it would be actually be enough.
  4. There could be some events that only happen at night and scenes could also be played at night.
  5. I think I saw an hammock in some of Atella's CGs. Time constraints could be a good Segway to introduce a feature to sleep in any map and wake up in that same map, with all the risks that come with it. Having said that, we don't currently loose actions by moving between maps, but this can easily be changed.
I changed your list from unnumbered bullets into numbered ones to identify and reply to them easier. Your points are now 1 through 5, which I can reply to in the same form. Although I tend to get deep with my thoughts so note there may be multiple bullets below some bullet responses. I'll also add more thoughts afterwards outside of bullet points.

1. This seems fine.

2. I am glad you said this, I wanted to add to my previous suggestion to say that just about every event passing time is a good idea.
    1. If an enemy grabs the player for sex, that is definitely time taken. If the battle runs into night, so be it. If a battle happens in the night and progresses into day, that's also well and good. Leah becoming tired and the related symptoms are thus fair game.
    2. Yes, you did understand that every X turns advances an action. Good idea on your part about scenes, that should also count to turns.
    3. Perhaps the logic that drives actions now should logically be converted to deal with time instead, with actions translating to a certain amount of time. A tricky part of this is dealing with increments around 100 microseconds, 60 seconds, 60 minutes, and 24 hours, but an interesting quirk nobody has ever tried before is from 1794, always working at base 10. Okay, maybe suggesting French Decimal Time was a joke, but the idea I mean to confer is the game can feel that much more weighty with time being an overarching theme. You can even consider more visible time ranges than just day or night, with a slightly darkened start as morning and a slightly orange-tinted vignette for late noon sunset.
  3. More actions per day against more risk is worthwhile in as much sense as the game's plot and environment deals with time. In The Dead End, time is hugely important for sex scenes, friendship, and the overall end, and there's a certain aspect of dread that comes with what would normally be a beneficial boon, such as unlocking a shortcut through a series of lengthy steps or being told by the shopkeeper they added more wares to their stock, since it serves as a reminder that you are probably losing against time knives. In the Insect Prison Remake, the understanding is that this is a remake and wrap-up of the original project. The endings could serve as motivation, although another part of this being a porn game is the porn, and the immersion surrounding it. It is interesting to be out late, bump into nightfall (or late noon) while travelling, be attacked by a stronger group of enemies, and get taken into an H-scene (or skip but lose the time anyway). It bring the emotion of terror for losing progress, then panic, then anger at the loss, then horny at the scene which is made kinkier by there being different times of day, then further kinkier from time passing during the sex, then ending with an aftertaste sensation of kinky and nervous. Which is a good pair of moods for a game about bug sex and parasites, honestly.

4. That's perfectly reasonable. The challenge in your project is the limited set of art from the previous artist. Although in a general sense, exploration H-games do this often, for example Unaware in the City.

5. The hammock is a good idea, and honestly we may as well make travelling cost time - I currently get away with cheesy ish like fighting a horde of enemies, accepting literally every H-scene prompt until I know I have 9 points of lust, ending the battle, walking to the shop, and savescumming the libido sphere to get either 3 stones or 1 crystal every time as I like. Then I walk back to my previous (or next) farming location, and repeat. Bugshrooms are insanely profitable not just because the shroom sells for 300 points but because a battle immediately happens on low lust, which I then use to rocket back to max lust and scum the merchant all over again. Simply put, the economy is busted since accepting every scene and walking to the merchant every time is allowed.

I do believe at least the reasoning and overall end point will probably be something simple along those lines.

"Look, you've found the team. They are all addicted or stuck being playthings for insects and now you have a choice."

Or maybe instead of having a choice, letting your reason decide for you, that could also be interesting. Like the total of your actions is your demise at the end, based on the ideas and progression that JustAl gave.
Reason / other conditions are well and good. I don't think a choice makes sense for anything that can be considered a measure of "success". One can say the entire adventure is a set of choices that results in the outcome you get at the end of the adventure.

Last edited:

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
I am not a fan of games that have a time limit of some sort, nor do I like it if games become harder the longer you take. Such features often are poorly balanced. If time is tight exploring feels punishing and if time frame is so lenient it doesn't matter. Finding the sweetspot is really hard and most games didn't manage to get a right.

The ending should be based on the corruption, not days spent.

What if RNG fucks you over and your pickaxe breaks too often thus you miss the good ending by a day or two? I want to enjoy Leah having fun with creatures on day 300+

This game doesnt feel like it should be too complex

Last edited:

Gùsepp

Dec 26, 2021
Hello, you should also take a cue from an insect artist from Murahachiro, he does a great job, you should after remastering the game add mutations; )

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes