Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.80] [Eroism]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

How should the drop rate of items on defeated enemies be changed?

• Unchanged and raw (Same as original, high chances of having nothing)

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • Half cooked (Similar to original, BUT low chances of nothing)

Votes: 124 24.4%
  • Deep fried (Enemies always drop something, 0% chance of nothing)

Votes: 242 47.6%
  • Takeout (Same as original, BUT instead of dropping nothing, they drop normal region items as well)

Votes: 123 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
That's just about all of the areas the game has at the moment. Going off the original, the remake will eventually add more areas past the swamp area, as well as more interactions with the shop keeper and additional items (both by buying and crafting) for fending off the insects or... tempting them (patiently waiting for Lust Ring to be implemented).

As a side note that functions as a review, there are some 'bugs' (no pun intended) with some of the scenes that I think deserve some attention

I'm tempted to jump into the debate of "to time-knife, or not to time-knife?" but I'll hold-off on doing so for now. Realistically, I don't even think the original was remotely close to an incomplete story but rather an an excuse to have a hot anime girl turned hentai by the island's fauna. I imagine versions 1.0+ will rework both story and systems to better fit whatever eroism will envision for this game.
Thank you for the feedback on the animations :).

The process of migrating them to the game is painstakingly slow and error prone... I have to usually translate the stages and sub stages of the original game's events to English to understand the context, reorganize them in a way that fits the remake's system and facilitates their migration, rewrite the animations frame by frame and then add the sound effects on the correct frames so they are synchronized to the best of my ability...

Of course that a portion of the work is taken care by the scenes' code which is prepared to handle the synchronization, and the frame switching, however it can be tedious still. Testing is equally cumbersome, giving the randomized nature of the scenes.

Long story short, I'm amazed at how "well" it worked so far and was expecting a bigger list of mistakes on the scenes, although many may have simply not been caught yet :LOL:.

My ramblings aside, please provide me with your thoughts on the time-knife dichotomy, many of the improvements are heavily influenced by feedback, so any constructive comments would be highly valuable.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I will say the scenes are rather slow compared to the original on windows.
You sure? I remember the original was known for having slow animations
CardWirth has problems with AMD CPUs and limits the frame rate, making animations extremely slow on these processors, which was my case.

Based on the frame images and sound duration I theorized that the animations were optimized somewhere between 8 and 12 FPS. I've seen some of the animations on rule34 with an higher frame rate, however it looked too fast and a bit uncanny for me, so I settled on the 8 FPS mark, as it looked the best in my opinion.

Having said that, I don't exactly know the original frame rate, but you can double it on the settings with the "Animation Speed" option, by setting it to x2.0, giving you 16 FPS instead.

Oneknightboi

May 16, 2020
Howdy, not sure if this was touched upon yet, but is there a scene after the sleeping/ parasite event that continues the "it prepares to lay eggs" or is that not a thing?

CacaM

Jul 24, 2022
Is the title screen song new or from the original game? It's surprisingly good

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Howdy, not sure if this was touched upon yet, but is there a scene after the sleeping/ parasite event that continues the "it prepares to lay eggs" or is that not a thing?
Unfortunately there is no scenes in the original game continuing that event, so what you see is all that we have from Atella on that animation.

Is the title screen song new or from the original game? It's surprisingly good
The answer is: both :LOL:.

That BGM exists in the original game's files, however I think it was unused or hidden in a none active map. I enjoyed it and though it would sound great as the title screen music, unfortunately I don't have any metadata about the music to know its source.

ryu7432

Sep 30, 2017
Thank you for the feedback on the animations :).

The process of migrating them to the game is painstakingly slow and error prone... I have to usually translate the stages and sub stages of the original game's events to English to understand the context, reorganize them in a way that fits the remake's system and facilitates their migration, rewrite the animations frame by frame and then add the sound effects on the correct frames so they are synchronized to the best of my ability...

Of course that a portion of the work is taken care by the scenes' code which is prepared to handle the synchronization, and the frame switching, however it can be tedious still. Testing is equally cumbersome, giving the randomized nature of the scenes.

Long story short, I'm amazed at how "well" it worked so far and was expecting a bigger list of mistakes on the scenes, although many may have simply not been caught yet :LOL:.

My ramblings aside, please provide me with your thoughts on the time-knife dichotomy, many of the improvements are heavily influenced by feedback, so any constructive comments would be highly valuable.
I think you're doing good work.

For the time-knife dichotomy, I don't think both the system and the story really fit that structure. However, if you did want to add them, then it could work in small scenarios that the player either triggers or trips based on intention.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As a side note, I would like Oniku to have a functional relevance. Something as simple as watching return home at night with a random resource he found would be nice.

Verge1970

Aug 26, 2024
eroism

Thanks for remaking this game. I only found it by accident today and from what I've seen you've done a great job.

I do want to point out a bug that a found. In the original, when you had a mosquito in the house and used an incense, the mosquito was chased off. It didn't come back, unless you got it again in the swamp. In your version, using an incense only stops it for a day or two and doesn't chase it out of the house. It just stays there for good, so you have to keep using incenses to keep it at bay.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I think you're doing good work.

For the time-knife dichotomy, I don't think both the system and the story really fit that structure. However, if you did want to add them, then it could work in small scenarios that the player either triggers or trips based on intention.

As a side note, I would like Oniku to have a functional relevance. Something as simple as watching return home at night with a random resource he found would be nice.
Thank you for the feedback.

You've raised good points regarding the way Leah arrives on the island. That is something that deserves a small rewrite and a bit of detail to polish into a more convincing narrative for the starting point of the small adventure.

The example scenario for the time-knife is also very intriguing, I would like to implement an event that could add additional tension along with some erotic potential, but I would like to tie it to the story. The game is too small and resources somewhat limited for "side quests" or complex paths on the main plot line, so maybe taking your example and incorporating that as the last moments of the main story could be an interesting concept.

There has been some requests and ideas to add functionality to Oniku. The original game had a relationship meter with him I believe, however I never understood the purpose, or if it had an effect on the game. Maybe I'll mix some functionality along with that meter and make Oniku have a more active role in the game, and potentially contributing to the plot as well.

eroism

Thanks for remaking this game. I only found it by accident today and from what I've seen you've done a great job.

I do want to point out a bug that a found. In the original, when you had a mosquito in the house and used an incense, the mosquito was chased off. It didn't come back, unless you got it again in the swamp. In your version, using an incense only stops it for a day or two and doesn't chase it out of the house. It just stays there for good, so you have to keep using incenses to keep it at bay.
Thank you for the support!

That feature is intentional, as I want the Insect Repellent item to drive the Mosquito away from home, while the Incense acts as a temporary barrier :). That item is not yet implemented, so for now the little buggers are a permanent affliction.

Reactions: ryu7432

Verge1970

Aug 26, 2024
Thank you for the support!

That feature is intentional, as I want the Insect Repellent item to drive the Mosquito away from home, while the Incense acts as a temporary barrier :). That item is not yet implemented, so for now the little buggers are a permanent affliction.
Thanks for the reply and explanation. I look forward to future updates of the game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: eroism

Autist Elias

Mar 20, 2023
So im loving this game, the remake is well done and fun to play but will you add actual „egg laying“ scenes later on or will that not happen ?

Reactions: Nicola13

Dr. Golden

May 15, 2019
How can I unlock Bugshroom Scene (easy way to do it)? Plus how can I unlock all Scenes in current version? Cause I have 7 of them out of 18. P.S. I don't know also how to use herbs that increase/decrease the lust

Verge1970

Aug 26, 2024
How can I unlock Bugshroom Scene (easy way to do it)? Plus how can I unlock all Scenes in current version? Cause I have 7 of them out of 18. P.S. I don't know also how to use herbs that increase/decrease the lust
Bugshroom
Unlocked by finding while having extreme lewdness or by using the Bugshroom in Battle. Since you can only use bandages in battle, in the remake, ignore the striked part.

There are 11/18 scenes in the current build. Some can be only seen with high lewdness/lust.

Last edited:

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
So im loving this game, the remake is well done and fun to play but will you add actual „egg laying“ scenes later on or will that not happen ?
Well technically we already have the pose for "egg laying" (the mushroom CG), with a skilled enough artist I think we could re-use that CG to make an egg laying one
There are some scenes that could benefit from egg lying, but it is unlikely that I'll implement the fetish, since CGs for that would be necessary. We do have some poses, however it would still be difficult as a lot of editing would have to take place and that is beyond my skills, unless of course, Atella or someone steps forward for redrawing or editing the images.

There is a chance that I may end up trying to edit one or another scene (perhaps attempting at adding an urination stage to the Cicada scene) to check if there is the potential to just reuse what we have in creative ways, but for now that is only a thought.

Bugshroom
Unlocked by finding while having extreme lewdness or by using the Bugshroom in Battle. Since you can only use bandages in battle, in the remake, ignore the striked part.

There are 11/18 scenes in the current build. Some can be only seen with high lewdness/lust.
Just a warning here. There is a bug in version 0.70 and many scenes are not unlockable, namely consent/forced scenes that happen during enemy H attacks. I'm still working on version 0.75, but this should be fixed by the time it arrives. There may be 1 animation that I still have to work out the details, however version 0.75 is slightly overflowing with changes (I blame the combat rework :LOL:), so I'll move that fix to another version.

I also think the need to have a specific wikia page for the remake may be arriving, as there are some divergences already in a few details and there may be some more to come.

Reactions: xxfirxx
3.60 star(s) 7 Votes