Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.80] [Eroism]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

How should the drop rate of items on defeated enemies be changed?

• Unchanged and raw (Same as original, high chances of having nothing)

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • Half cooked (Similar to original, BUT low chances of nothing)

Votes: 124 24.4%
  • Deep fried (Enemies always drop something, 0% chance of nothing)

Votes: 242 47.6%
  • Takeout (Same as original, BUT instead of dropping nothing, they drop normal region items as well)

Votes: 123 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
The primary issue is how kinda fuck all it is for fighting which ain't the point. You get nothing for wining aside from the things you need to make stuff. So fighting never gets easier or more reasonable. I just CE'd myself the pelts and other things mainly the potions. Seems literally impossible to win without using a potion or potions. That the beast pelts are fundamental in a bunch of things makes it a odd gatekeeping sort of thing. Chances of winning anything without the gear is... fairly nigh impossible. I noticed that the gear made is better then the libido stuff. So I assume that you are meant to get that first? Time it takes (going by my playthrough) to get to merchant is almost stupid though until such a thing can be presented so that thought and conclusion can be made. It's rather overly tedious to keep at forest until potions can be made and a weapon to then go and fail to get it from a fight with the beasts/canines..... still ain't stupid as god damn fuck or insulting to one's time as that Haily bullshit in The First Descendant.
On side note it is a shame there ain't knotting cause why the fuck add dogs if you ain't gonna knot? tsk tsk SMH But you work with what scenes there are unless you can get, someone to/find the artist/Ai to make/made/generate more scenes or whatever else the original didn't have or... finish with? dunno never played but Im sure you are working with what ya got
Combat has the potential to yield important items, but often gives you nothing, that is true.

The combat is meant to have a small difficult scale, or at least I'm trying to have it like that, where in order to win you have to make upgrades to your equipment. However initially the odds are stacked against you.

The lack of knotting is a shame indeed, but there are no CGs for that at the moment. I doubt we will have a good source to change that, but we'll see.

is there controller support
There isn't. I don't mind adding gamepad support if there is a demand for it :).

Thank you so much for a Linux version! :D
I'm a bit of a Linux fanboy myself :cool:. Ironically, it is also the easiest of the 3 platforms to build to.

-Ben-

Feb 11, 2020
In my perspective, the foggy and rainy weather are the only truly negative ones, the lewd weather is good to farm Libido Stones/Crystals and the sunny weather grants you double actions in a single day. I believe they somewhat balance each other out, but I can see a case where having each weather have a positive and negative effect could also make sense. The rainy weather could provide better odds for rarer ores for example, that way you would always stand to gain from it.
I really like the idea of weather affecting gameplay, I think it's a great addition to the game, and regarding the foggy weather, maybe you could make it work by not only halving your action points, but also making it more dangerous, as you can encounter more enemies and this ones be more dangerous when exploring a region, and why would anyone want that? simple, higher risk higher reward, this way you can make foggy weather a good way to farm enemies, as you could, for example, defeat dogs and get 2-3 skins in one go.

This could be a mechanic for those who already have a halfway decent equipment and are looking for the materials to keep upgrading, obviously it needs some balance since at the moment the game requires a lot of grinding but since that will improve in the future and there will be more and different equipment I think it would be a good way to implement such weather.

Reactions: eroism

number361

Dec 2, 2018
Hm, I press run on the exe but nothing happens, or to be precise, a window comes up, but closes immediately..

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I really like the idea of weather affecting gameplay, I think it's a great addition to the game, and regarding the foggy weather, maybe you could make it work by not only halving your action points, but also making it more dangerous, as you can encounter more enemies and this ones be more dangerous when exploring a region, and why would anyone want that? simple, higher risk higher reward, this way you can make foggy weather a good way to farm enemies, as you could, for example, defeat dogs and get 2-3 skins in one go.

This could be a mechanic for those who already have a halfway decent equipment and are looking for the materials to keep upgrading, obviously it needs some balance since at the moment the game requires a lot of grinding but since that will improve in the future and there will be more and different equipment I think it would be a good way to implement such weather.
That could be an interesting balance indeed. The Foggy weather would yield more drops and the Rainy weather better ore chances.

Hm, I press run on the exe but nothing happens, or to be precise, a window comes up, but closes immediately..
If you head to the data directory at "%appdata%\insect-prison" you should see a folder called logs and inside, a file named "godot.log". Let me know the contents of that file, as it may have error messages from the engine explaining why you couldn't run the game.

Braom

Jul 16, 2021
Hey, i don't know if it's just me, but if there's heavy rain weather event appearing, i cannot do anything anymore

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
So the latest poll was just closed.

1726430722807.png

With this in mind, version 0.80 will have the loot drop in battles changed to always yield an item. The items dropped will not change for now, but I hope that this alteration serves as an improvement to the balancing, as judging by the major vote and some of the feedback, the low drop rate for battles was a low point. As an added bonus, I'll make it so drops can yield from 1 to 3 items, based on chance.

So in short, won battles will always grant from 1 to 3 units of one of the encounter's items. Only the Jellyfishes have multiple drops currently, but the rule still applies in battles with only a single drop. Thank you all for participating and voicing your opinion :).

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
I would like to see some birth or pregnancy scenes
I'll be adding the Egg Fly and Slug birth scenes in version 0.90 :). I've delayed those because I want to make some adjustments to the scenes to make them more consistent between encounters.

I'm also doing some research now and then to see if it would be possible to make some sort of pregnant variation of the scenes, with little editing on my side, as to potentially add lasting pregnancy effects, but I'm not yet sure that this will work or be smooth as I want it to.

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
I'll be adding the Egg Fly and Slug birth scenes in version 0.90 :). I've delayed those because I want to make some adjustments to the scenes to make them more consistent between encounters.

I'm also doing some research now and then to see if it would be possible to make some sort of pregnant variation of the scenes, with little editing on my side, as to potentially add lasting pregnancy effects, but I'm not yet sure that this will work or be smooth as I want it to.
Some form of pregnancy would give other scenes more meaning. For example the mosquito lays eggs and you can chose to keep them inside instead of clearing them out. In my game there must be a truckload of eggs inside her by now. Some form of maggot birthing would be great.

If I knew how those scenes were made, I'd try to make New ones myself.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Some form of pregnancy would give other scenes more meaning. For example the mosquito lays eggs and you can chose to keep them inside instead of clearing them out. In my game there must be a truckload of eggs inside her by now. Some form of maggot birthing would be great.

If I knew how those scenes were made, I'd try to make New ones myself.
The mosquito was one of the cases I was trying to find some work around for the incompleteness of the scene. There is also the leeches and the cicada which leave the eggs but have no birth animations as well.

The problem with editing the scenes' images is that in average each scene is composed of 140 images, so in total, when the game reaches the original's point, we're looking into changing roughly 4000 images just for adding a bigger belly for example. Not all images have a visible belly or would show the changes, but the case still has to be checked image by image.

Tiydude

Nov 29, 2021

Do you mean that there will be the original birth loss scene, or that she'll be able to be impregnated and give birth later while not in the sewer?

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Do you mean that there will be the original birth loss scene, or that she'll be able to be impregnated and give birth later while not in the sewer?
My intention was to move the Egg Fly and Slug birth animations into defeated scenes, the same way the Wharf Roach one works now, except it would only trigger on loosing battles.

Then the other step I would like to take is having some light "incubator" mechanic where you carry the eggs of the normal H attack scenes until either the player chooses to lay them or they are forced to. Maybe something along the lines of awaiting X explorations, and after that force triggering the birth scenes. This scenes would not take into account the region that you are in most likely, as to make it more simple and manageable on my side.

I also don't know if eggs would just accumulate or if I would assume that once Leah is filled, more eggs won't fit and just fall off, which would also be easier to implement. The really difficult aspect of this is the visual changes the feature requires.

Last edited:

Myohno

Sep 5, 2024
I'm missing the parasite worm naked and big scenes, are there certain requirements for obtaining them?
Naked just requires you to have your panties off for it, big I believe requires you to be at high lewd levels, I think 6-9, and take your panties off. Both from sleeping in bed of course, though not guaranteed encounters

I'm not fully sure that those are the requirements, but it triggered for me when what I said before was the case

Reactions: hplease

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
My intention was to move the Egg Fly and Slug birth animations into defeated scenes, the same way the Wharf Roach one works now, except it would only trigger on loosing battles.

Then the other step I would like to take is having some light "incubator" mechanic where you carry the eggs of the normal H attack scenes until either the player chooses to lay them or they are forced to. Maybe something along the lines of awaiting X explorations, and after that force triggering the birth scenes. This scenes would not take into account the region that you are in most likely, as to make it more simple and manageable on my side.

I also don't know if eggs would just accumulate or if I would assume that once Leah is filled, more eggs won't fit and just fall off, which would also be easier to implement. The really difficult aspect of this is the visual changes the feature requires.

What ever you do, please dont add more Game Over to Standard encounter. My Leah is constantly at high lewdity, and if she isnt Ill make sure she gets there quickly. So I run from roaches most of the time, wich is kinda a shame.

In fact Id like it if you tied the game over to the giant roach fight, or make it avoidable at high Lust at all somehow.

Last edited:

Jorin Direfrost

Sep 3, 2022

I wonder if it is possible to do a birth denial/overdue pregnancy. very few games allow that (Hazumi and the impregnation) I love seeing broodmother bellies.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes