Daz Install Manager, Genesis 8.1 Install Failed

Mengal

Sep 11, 2018
Hi everyone!

For some reason IM wont let me install content with G8.1 related stuff, tried to google it but cant seem to find anything about it.
Does someone know how to fix this? Thanks.

R8EPxdF.png

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I downloaded a the ursula hair (despite already buying it.), and got the same error. So, I don't think it's limited to just you.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume these are pirated, and seeing as the Daz official version installed just fine for me, I don't think it's a leap to assume that there's something up with the pirated versions of what you're installing. That said, either get the Content Package Assist and repackage the files (may not be smart content, however) or install them manually to your Daz directory.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
The problem is that all the zip files are corrupted. You should notice that there are no spaces in the file names but in DIM there should be. In another thread somewhere on F95 someone pointed out that you just need to extract the contents of the IM000XXXXX file, then zip them again with Window's built in zip compressor. Be sure to rename the new zip to match the old zip, and you are good to go. I had the same problem and several of the assets where the same as in your list, we must have got them from the same place.

Nov 28, 2019
It's probably an issue with the zip-packer used. A few versions of 7zip and WinRar produce zips that can't be used by the other one, depending on the settings used. The DIM unpacker probably has the same problem and I've always been able to fix it with what Boogie already suggested:

- Unpack to a folder with the exact same name
- Repack without any fancy, supercool, extra strong (and annoyingly proprietary) compression settings

Both quickly done with a right-left hook combination (right click, unpack to "zip-name"-> mark all in folder and left click, pack as "folder name") under Windows.