Installer? Non-installer?

Hentai W

Jan 26, 2022
Hello everyone, this is sudden but i have a question to ask. What is the difference between installer and non-installer files? Does Installer files worth the extra space it took? I hope i can get some professional or more accurate answers since i'm a dummy when it comes to programmes. So far i only know installer files require more space, and i need to install the game in order to play it.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Installers are just the foolproof method, they extract and install everything automatically as well as any dependencies needed in case you don't have them already. They also save information in your system so that the software stays registered as an "installed program".

If you don't care for any of that and just want to run the software then you don't need it.

Hentai W

Jan 26, 2022
Installers are just the foolproof method, they extract and install everything automatically as well as any dependencies needed in case you don't have them already. They also save information in your system so that the software stays registered as an "installed program".

If you don't care for any of that and just want to run the software then you don't need it.
Thanks for the valuable feedback! I'll learn more from what ppl say and decide things.

Hentai W

Jan 26, 2022
i also heard that there's a chance that someone places virus in the Installer file, that's why i'm hesitating.

PurpleDeep

Aug 24, 2019
i also heard that there's a chance that someone places virus in the Installer file, that's why i'm hesitating.
It's possible, and it's the same chance as someone placing a virus on a non-installer executable (like a game). Non-executable files (like a document) are safer, but not completely. Always exercise caution when downloading untrusted executables from the internet.

Reactions: Hentai W