Integration of DSE

blapper21

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
Hi,

I've been trying for a few weeks to change the DSE engine to use a 24 hour clock and use a map, instead of the scheduler. I've created the map and 24 hour clock but whenever I try to modify the DSE I end up coming up stuck. Anyone who has done this before happy to share code and I'll give them a credit on the game if I can get it working? Thanks

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I needed five minutes to find what you mean by DSE, and yet I'm not totally sure that it's the .

So, first think first, as the wiki page say, it's something out dated. And when it say "out dated", it mean it. The engine have be built in 2015, and its last update was in 2019. This mean that you shouldn't use it. Many changes in Ren'Py make it way too heavy for what it do, while due to the constraints of this time, there's possibilities that you wouldn't be in position to use.

What lead to the second point. Just here there's a dozen threads regarding time systems in Ren'Py, most with working codes, as well as a dozen threads regarding map systems. So, you should take a look that part of the forum first, and come with your own approach. It would be easier than to tweak a code for it to works with a more modern code.

Reactions: blapper21

blapper21

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
I needed five minutes to find what you mean by DSE, and yet I'm not totally sure that it's the .

So, first think first, as the wiki page say, it's something out dated. And when it say "out dated", it mean it. The engine have be built in 2015, and its last update was in 2019. This mean that you shouldn't use it. Many changes in Ren'Py make it way too heavy for what it do, while due to the constraints of this time, there's possibilities that you wouldn't be in position to use.

What lead to the second point. Just here there's a dozen threads regarding time systems in Ren'Py, most with working codes, as well as a dozen threads regarding map systems. So, you should take a look that part of the forum first, and come with your own approach. It would be easier than to tweak a code for it to works with a more modern code.
Sorry about that, I've reread it and it wasn't clear at all but yeah, that's the Dating Sim Engine.
Thanks for the reply. Thinking about it now it does seem like a foolish idea. I'm tempted to look at Godot given all my professional programming experience is C#.

Last edited: