HTML Interest in female protagonist html games?

Oct 10, 2017
I was considering in trying to make a female protagonist html game but those are MY personal favorite and i understand the site seems to have a negative look on female protagonist games in the first place so, before i even began i was curious as to wether or not their would even be an interest in that category by anyone but myself. [On the plus side it would be made by a native english speaker is that helps)

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
[On the plus side it would be made by a native english speaker is that helps)
Got a good chuckle from that.

and i understand the site seems to have a negative look on female protagonist games
Which, imho, is quite stupid. People would hammer on a game, that's done extremely well just because there's a female protag. I honestly don't get it because, as the girl you could get her into whatever you wanted to, thus fueling your fetish(s) to the max in the best possible way.

trying to make a female protagonist html game
I prefer action based games (through .exe/applications) (for obvious reasons) but there are some good html games I've played before. To me it would depend (not to discourage you ofc) on how this html game would turn out. There are; some actions based ones, visual novels, interactives, and ofc a mix of those. It would also depend on the fetishes you put in. You could be generic with just fem+male but if you don't expand on that with a good story/character interaction it'll just be "another one" for the books.

Reactions: Carion_Crow
Oct 10, 2017
Got a good chuckle from that.

Which, imho, is quite stupid. People would hammer on a game, that's done extremely well just because there's a female protag. I honestly don't get it because, as the girl you could get her into whatever you wanted to, thus fueling your fetish(s) to the max in the best possible way.

I prefer action based games (through .exe/applications) (for obvious reasons) but there are some good html games I've played before. To me it would depend (not to discourage you ofc) on how this html game would turn out. There are; some actions based ones, visual novels, interactives, and ofc a mix of those. It would also depend on the fetishes you put in. You could be generic with just fem+male but if you don't expand on that with a good story/character interaction it'll just be "another one" for the books.
It would be html dur to ease i am no programmer only just learning.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
The majority from what I have seen prefer a male protagonist, but that's all, there are people that would like to have a female MC too.

However it always falls under the same tropes. When it's male we find a stupid, good for nothing MC that only thinks about sex and having a harem, when it's female we have an overly stupid female that let's all people take advantage of her without a good reason and ends as a slut having sex with every single person in the game.

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
I was considering in trying to make a female protagonist html game but those are MY personal favorite and i understand the site seems to have a negative look on female protagonist games in the first place so, before i even began i was curious as to wether or not their would even be an interest in that category by anyone but myself. [On the plus side it would be made by a native english speaker is that helps)
Ay dunno guv, seems dis syte haz un ekwal luv fer femayl protagz an' em 2 eff protagz.

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Oooh Oooh, I have an idea. What if the protag shows up in a city but doesn't have any money so they have to rent some flea bitten hellhole for way too much money and discover that their job prospects are so dismal that they have to whore themselves out for money to make ends meet? And it turns out the city is full of rapists and if you even consider reporting the rape to the cops it turns out that the entire police force is in on it.

Oh wait, that's the plotline of every Female Protagonist HTML game already.

I would be all over it if the MC has agency and you aren't just playing chain rape victim simulator. That's the complaint people have with so many female MC games.

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Oooh Oooh, I have an idea. What if the protag shows up in a city but doesn't have any money so they have to rent some flea bitten hellhole for way too much money and discover that their job prospects are so dismal that they have to whore themselves out for money to make ends meet? And it turns out the city is full of rapists and if you even consider reporting the rape to the cops it turns out that the entire police force is in on it.

I would be all over it if the MC has agency and you aren't just playing chain rape victim simulator. That's the complaint people have with so many female MC games.
Hmm... Well, if that's not your cup of tea, what about a female protag game where you play a domineering woman who is forcing a girl she despises to walk the "Female Protagonist HTML" path just to see her suffer and how far down she will go?

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
Interesting metagame idea. Dunno how well it would work. Maybe you play the part of a guardian devil, constantly on the look for ways to make your victim's life hell?

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
Depends. If you're asking because you want to gauge interest for funding such a game, I think you'll find the market's pretty stuffed. There are a lot of HTML games either starring women or where men (can) turn into women. So you might have trouble standing out.

But if it's for fun, go for it! The best games are made by a passionate author who's driven to make what they do. Most boring and/or bad games are made by people trying to check boxes or just make a community happy even if it's not what they want to do.

Oct 10, 2017

Now i havnt even started nor do i have an idea of wher to start but id hope to diverge from the stereotype, dont get me wrong I enjoy the blackmail and the female mc being forced into sexual situations but yes i do despise the idiocy of the mc and the willingness to shag anything that walks, HOW I would go about that well.... i dont know but IF i did make this it would have a better reason as to her doings besides her j8ust being a whore, maybe family is kidnapped or something?

"Hmm... Well, if that's not your cup of tea, what about a female protag game where you play a domineering woman who is forcing a girl she despises to walk the "Female Protagonist HTML" path just to see her suffer and how far down she will go? " - katmandomo
See people their can be different stories and this one's pretty interesting more so like a trainer game, i like it.

Meesteres

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
I love fem/protag games especially if the protag is also dominant. I have started my own game and launched it today. It's your typical slave trainer game but also in HTML. I will be looking forward to yours