Unity Interested in a VR adult Game?

Oct 19, 2017
Hey guys,
im currently creating a VR Adult Game Experience and want to focus on Content wich most adult game friends like to play.

First: At the Moment the Game focuses on Virtual Reality! But i'm willing to implement regular Desktop Gameplay, if there are enough ppl wich want to to play without VR.

So im asking you wich type of content you would like to see in the Game. Here are some (a few) informations about the current status of the Game. [There is already a big story planned but i dont want to spoil too much at the moment]. The Environment will be hand crafted, so there will be almonst no content you've already seen in other games.

The Characters:
The Game will have a Character Editor to Edit the Characters to your lilking. Each Character will have a unique personality so the Characters will come with some prefabs.

The Setting:
You are a guy living in a big house with your Family.
Currently planned: Sister1, Sister2, Sister3, Mother, Father, You
Later: Other locations are available when the story progresses.
The Game has an implemented high quality Quest system! So there will be a lot of stuf to do.

The Story:
It is summer time, so at the Moment you have a lot of free Time to spend. Your Family is somewhat spoiled since your father is earning big money. You are living in your familys house. You are haunted by bad(good) dreams wich will play a big role in the whole gameplay. The Dreams are partly playable, partly cutscenes, wich will open new quests and opportunitys.
There is a lot more, wich i dont want to spoil at the moment but this is all you get for now.

Content:
I'm really open minded and am willing to implement (nearly) any type of content the Gamers want to see in the Game. In the near future i will create an alpha build for dedicated people to test the current status of the Game. So i will welcome any type of suggestions. After the Alpha release people will be able to suggest quest lines/storys for the characters, wich will be decided to be accepted through polls.

Game Mechanics:
At the moment these game mechanics are implemented or at least planned:
- Day/Night cycle:
The Day Night cycle will be in realtime. At the moment one day is about 40 Minutes in realtime. But i will have to look how this playes out and im pretty sure that this will change in the future. You will be able to "skip" some time by resting/sleeping.​
- Calendar:
There is a regular 7 day week. And each day of the week has different opportunitys.​
- Quest System:
There are different type of Quests. The Main Questline for the Player, one Questline for each character, repeatable but flexible quests to earn Money, Stats, Sidequests to get some Items etc.​
- Character Editor:
You will be able to Edit all Characters, some are limited with some morphs to keep the Game intact.​
- Clothing/Haircut:
There will be a bunch of clothes and Haircuts for you and the other characters.​
- Items/Backpack:
You will be able to buy, find or get Items through other ways with different functions like gifting, manipulating, increasing stats or opening opportunitys.​
- Stats:
Your Character has basic stats wich play a role for the everydays gameplay like health/energy etc. There are also stats wich can be increased by some actions like strenght, dexterity etc. some of these open new opportunitys.
Each Character has its own stats and also some "favours" and different relationship types wich you will be able to increase/decrease by your choices and actions.​

I hope ill get some feedback on wich type of content you would like to see in this game.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Speaking solely for myself, I'd be more interested in what you mean by "Virtual Reality" as opposed to the story line.

Hardware/software requirements? Type of immersion?

That kind of stuff.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
the problem of vr now is not every one have, so you will be limit to people that have vr only.
but well time will change that though , maybe when you done with the game vr will be cheap.

for char edit , i not too sure you mean the body or the personality .
for body, i will recommend make it like a transform the body as a game play so the char will react to player change , and not starting give a body edit, and make no diff for the char.

and maybe add a gift system, that the char can react to .

and it seem to me you may have little other system, and too force on the story/quest .
for what i understand vr type game is more about the small detail , and the char react to it. like touch the breast and give thing or look under the skirt .

if your game is about the story , i will recommend not to make vr.

zkawai

Dec 21, 2016
Focus on long meaningfull interactions,so as not to break the flow. VR can be quite immersive, as long as you're not watching a transition or load screen every 2sec. Also, one VERY important thing in VR: UI, it can make or break your game.

Oct 19, 2017
Hehe, people seem to be more cared about the "VR" as about the Content itself.

@Rich
At first you will be able to freely move around the 3 Story House and the Garden. There will be a total movable space of about 1300 m² for the house (yeah, its a pretty big house ;D) and i guess about the same for the garden, but the garden isnt done yet. There will be 15 to 20 Rooms in the House.
It is like regular desktop gameplay, but with the big difference, that you are wearing your HMD and controllers to give you the optimal immersion of being there. You will be able to talk to the NPC's, interact with them and the environment etc.
At first the Game is designed for HTC Vive/Oculus Rift, but as mentioned before im willing to port it for regular desktop.
The Game is planned only for MS Windows at the Moment.

For the Hardware requirements im trying to keep it as less ressource expensive as possible. At the current Stage you can play the game with an GTX 980 GPU and an 2,5 GHz CPU or equal at stable 90 FPS. For the Desktop Version it would be a lot less hardware dependend, but since im trying to make it look good, you will not be able to play the game with your grandmas 20 year old PC. ;D

@kinre
yeah im seeing the problem with VR Hardware expenses, but as you said by yourself maybe in the future they will be more affordable. At the Moment a HMD with trackers and controlers costs about 500$

The Character editor is meant to edit the look of the Characters to your liking. They will come with a standard layout, but you will be able to edit this layout. Currently there are about 200 Body and 100 Face Morphs to edit the Characters. However, some of the Morphs are locked for some characters to not break the Type of Character it should represent. There will also be "forced Morphes" through the progress of the Story.
You will not be able to change the personality itself of the character, but through progress with the story and the individual characters, they will react different to the player and situations. This will depend on choices you make while doing quests and in the regular daylife.

A gift system is already implemented to boost some stats of the characters you are gifting.

The Game does not really forces you to play the story, but you will have to play the story to get to some "Milestones" of the game to get some opportunitys.

I will add "Game Mechanics" in my first post.

@zkawai
The Game is focusing on the Story of your Char, each individual character and the everydays life. Its not meant to be a game where you simply touch a body, or do the same thing over and over again.
I played a damn lot of Adult Games myself. In my opinion nearly all of them are lacking a good story, that really catches you. A few of them have a good story, but are lacking Freedom in Gameplay.
So im trying to combine all the good aspects in my game to create something good.

For the loading screens im really trying to avoid these. At the moment there are only two loading screens. One from the Mainmenu to your save file. And one for the character editor. For the Gameplay im only planning loading screens for cutscenes and "dreams". Since this is a VR game at the first place, you really have to look for details etc. as you are really limited to the ressources. That is one reason upon others, why im creating everything by myself. You have to create meshes wich have as less Vertices/Triangles as possible, without making them look ugly or edgy. Out there are a lot of things you may use, but this would absolutely kill your ressource budged.

I fought with the UI a long time, but now i guess i found a nice way that works well. One part of the UI (wich you dont need to use a lot) will be on a big "TV Screen" in the Players room (Settings / Open Char Editor / Image library etc.). The second Part of the UI is on your wrist. You can have a look on your watch to see your current most important stats, the time of the Day and the currently active Quest with Queststeps. When tapping the watch an UI will open where you can look at the individual characters and your stats in detail and your Questlog to change active quest or look at quest details.
Some Objects will "popup" a small ingame UI if they have different options to use them. For your inventory i havent found the optimal way at the moment, but i guess it will be something like an ingame Backpack wich opens and "unrolls" when used, to see all your items.

studiololipop

Jun 12, 2017
I think good story is hard for lewd games since player will not pay much attention to it at first.And for VR games player will first pay attention to the immersion(how real and good the graphic is) and interaction mechanism.So I would really look forward to see a good game with all the good elements in it.

Reactions: devilkirby

devilkirby

Donor
Sep 18, 2017
has a a good sex scene with a simple "heart system" and has most immersion than
Honey Select for my opinion. I would like prove other games with the animation follow player movment