xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Which would suggest if she wants to up the shock factor/drama she would up the ante with a main girl instead.
:unsure: :devilish:Leila ? :unsure:Erynn :devilish::devilish::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Nahh kidding, I was a bit surprised that some didn't get the Valeria goodies, also Brooke is almost the same, being on a high Relship with them brings you extra info if you want to help Eyrinn (the surfer is Brookes brother)
Edit: that with killing was a mere Joke, and made out of Jest, we don't have founded info that that will happen to any of the girls of this VN.
Also surprised that the blood lust goes towards Val, and not towards Tory

Reactions: valbitterb

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
:unsure: :devilish:Leila ? :unsure:Erynn :devilish::devilish::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Nahh kidding, I was a bit surprised that some didn't get the Valeria goodies, also Brooke is almost the same, being on a high Relship with them brings you extra info if you want to help Eyrinn (the surfer is Brookes brother)
Edit: that with killing was a mere Joke, and made out of Jest, we don't have founded info that that will happen to any of the girls of this VN.
Also surprised that the blood lust goes towards Val, and not towards Tory
That's cause Tori is irrelevant. Most people don't even care enough about her to hate her. :)

Reactions: vireker and xapican

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
Man, the relationship with Val really leaves a bad taste.

Yesterday I was trying a solo path for Iris, which unfortunately doesn't exist, I got to the end of the update single, but with Val still interested, even though I hadn't done anything with her, and since the save was basically useless, I decided to use it for Val, but it was really bad.

Before kissing Val, she was really interested in the MC, always looking at him and flirting with him, but that ended after they finally kissed, everything for her is a maybe, she tries to put a barrier between them, makes it clear that it's not something serious, and the worst part is how the MC acts, my MC went from someone who wasn't interested in Val to someone obsessed with her, and he picks her up every time they're together, even though she says she doesn't like it, and she comments on it.

And the fact that she doesn't like being picked up isn't used well in my opinion, because she gets picked up all the time, and not just by the MC, and that gives MORE points with her.

What made me try this save with Val, even though I had given up on her before, was seeing how she looked at him, and flirted with him, even though my MC didn't show any interest in her, as I mentioned before, trying a solo path with Iris I reached the end of the update single, and with that I was able to observe how all the girls acted with the MC when he was single.

It's not really a problem with Val, but how Nyx used her and this change between before and after they kissed.
I think part of this impression about Val is because some of dev's patrons.
IIRC between the Val liking MC, all the flirting and the barrier you said, there was some talk here about patrons asking for competition for MC regarding the girls (now i dont remember if all the girls or just Val), then dev used Daryl for it....then beach/gym update happened and a lot of players (including me) didnt like it. I dont know when exactly this "competition" thing started, but i think it was set in motion on the trip...because was there that Daryl started to get too touchy with Val, and Val mentioned others were doing the same and got angry.
At least this was what i read in the thread at the time about the subject, im not on her Discord to know if the whole ask for competition actually happened or not...or if it was her plan to have Val actually playing the field all along.
About MC being "obsessed" with her, maybe was a way dev used to show MC insecure because there was other guy competing with him for a girl he likes....just a theory.
About MC picking her up, i think the difference is that she likes him so she doesn't mind...and makes sense, ppl will set different standards regarding some stuff for ppl they like...and what make me think this is the fact that she jumps on MC by herself at least twice, and any other guy touching or picking her up makes her get angry.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
I think part of this impression about Val is because some of dev's patrons.
IIRC between the Val liking MC, all the flirting and the barrier you said, there was some talk here about patrons asking for competition for MC regarding the girls (now i dont remember if all the girls or just Val), then dev used Daryl for it....then beach/gym update happened and a lot of players (including me) didnt like it. I dont know when exactly this "competition" thing started, but i think it was set in motion on the trip...because was there that Daryl started to get too touchy with Val, and Val mentioned others were doing the same and got angry.
At least this was what i read in the thread at the time about the subject, im not on her Discord to know if the whole ask for competition actually happened or not...or if it was her plan to have Val actually playing the field all along.
About MC being "obsessed" with her, maybe was a way dev used to show MC insecure because there was other guy competing with him for a girl he likes....just a theory.
About MC picking her up, i think the difference is that she likes him so she doesn't mind...and makes sense, ppl will set different standards regarding some stuff for ppl they like...and what make me think this is the fact that she jumps on MC by herself at least twice, and any other guy touching or picking her up makes her get angry.
It's a shame, because I liked them when they were just friends, they seemed to fit together, they are very mature, especially in that group of friends, they have many things in common that even Layla comments on and tries to bring them together.

If their relationship was longer, like them meeting at school over time while slowly progressing in their relationship, it would be much better, but the MC goes from 0 to 150% in his interest in her in two days, it's very forced and annoying, maybe the problem isn't even Val, but rather MC.

Some screenshots attached for those who haven't seen them, not all of them because I'm not going to play everything again just for these screenshots.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Man, the relationship with Val really leaves a bad taste.

Yesterday I was trying a solo path for Iris, which unfortunately doesn't exist, I got to the end of the update single, but with Val still interested, even though I hadn't done anything with her, and since the save was basically useless, I decided to use it for Val, but it was really bad.

Before kissing Val, she was really interested in the MC, always looking at him and flirting with him, but that ended after they finally kissed, everything for her is a maybe, she tries to put a barrier between them, makes it clear that it's not something serious, and the worst part is how the MC acts, my MC went from someone who wasn't interested in Val to someone obsessed with her, and he picks her up every time they're together, even though she says she doesn't like it, and she comments on it.

And the fact that she doesn't like being picked up isn't used well in my opinion, because she gets picked up all the time, and not just by the MC, and that gives MORE points with her.

What made me try this save with Val, even though I had given up on her before, was seeing how she looked at him, and flirted with him, even though my MC didn't show any interest in her, as I mentioned before, trying a solo path with Iris I reached the end of the update single, and with that I was able to observe how all the girls acted with the MC when he was single.

It's not really a problem with Val, but how Nyx used her and this change between before and after they kissed.
I can more or less agree with every point you've made. When I first saw Val in the story I thought, "Holy shit she's hot. MC needs to get to know her!" It didn't take long before I couldn't stand for her to be around. Where you and I differ is in the "angst". I washed my hands of her. You seem to be stuck on "Say it isn't so." If you think about it for a moment; we've all known a girl or two like her irl. Mostly we called them sluts or whores and some of them turn out to actually become the latter.

Honestly, I haven't played this one for a while. I got frustrated trying to find a path through it that made sense. It seemed every time I let MC choose a LI the story removed her. So, I stepped back for a while to wait and see if there is an actual direction available at any point. Mostly, I think, a complete playthrough with Alexis as my LI will end up being the only satisfying one for me. Everything else I've tried is too much like hiking across a cow pasture trying to avoid the piles of drama. Heh :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican and LSC82

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
It's a shame, because I liked them when they were just friends, they seemed to fit together, they are very mature, especially in that group of friends, they have many things in common that even Layla comments on and tries to bring them together.

If their relationship was longer, like them meeting at school over time while slowly progressing in their relationship, it would be much better, but the MC goes from 0 to 150% in his interest in her in two days, it's very forced and annoying, maybe the problem isn't even Val, but rather MC.

Some screenshots attached for those who haven't seen them, not all of them because I'm not going to play everything again just for these screenshots.
As they had things in common the whole fast relationship didnt bothered me that much, i took it like the kind of situation where you find someone on the same vibe as you, that like the same things, the same music and stuff and this enables a fast connection, it was a cool thing for me, so the signs of jealously made sense even if a bit too early ....and i agree that the problem is probably on the MC side, one thing i dont like for example is MC getting too weird around her sometimes, like stuttering, making dumb questions trying to maintain a conversation and etc, and as she was being kinda hard to get made him look a bit desperate.
And the prints of them on the bench, i got this one with MC on layla's path but with enough points with Val...then she says this.
The other variation is her telling MC she doesnt like anyone at the moment
The other is when MC is "dating" her and they have their fun...but in this one she doesnt tell him that she was flirting with Daryl...i think that maybe the flirting doesnt happen when MC is pursuing her.
Oh, and theres the one where she consoles MC about the Elena/Layla situation.
Dont remember if theres other variations.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Personally nothing about Val's character / personality so far as bothered me yet even the things with Daryl or the thing at the Gym. Since the MC isn't dating her yet or anything. The only thing that does bother me is some things move a tad fast which is understandable since she came in so late but even with things moving a bit fast it feels like I still don't know a damn thing about her. Val kind of feels like a side girl at the moment, which is a problem if she is suppose to be a main girl. So hopefully the beach date with Val will get some solid deveolopment come the next update.

Reactions: Zane Truesdale

LSC82

Engaged Member
Jul 27, 2020
well Nikki was on the plate too originally. But I don't think main LIs will be offed, but a side-chick like Val I can see it happening.
Killing one of the main girls? go the Acting Lessons route and making us chose between saving Erynn or Alexis?
I wasn't here at the time but the hecatombe must've been epic...

The one character i can see getting killed is Iris... dying to protect her sister.
I hope not, she's not my favorite but i like her overall.
Maybe Val gets hurt too, she does insert herself into the Ethan thing on her path and she's always hanging out with Layla(the Lucas thing).

If any girls end up getting hurt i hope Nyx goes soft for once and just keep them at hospital for one update, with no permanent damage long term.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Killing one of the main girls? go the Acting Lessons route and making us chose between saving Erynn or Alexis?
a worst case scenario, in the truest sense of the word

In "Acting Lessons" I was about to throw the game in the trash! I played it and I can assure you, the first time I played it was an epic shock! Especially because it was about a three-way relationship!

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
the update of course will end in a cliffhanger, and the next one will resolve it instantly, both girls live somehow :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: LSC82

valbitterb

Apr 11, 2022
Our MC can be quite selfish and possessive with other main or side ladies he gets interested in even if he's on a relationship path with others (Alexis-Val, Layla-Val, Erryn-Nikki-Zane). Zach deserves all the hate, but the MC has no qualms moving in on Val even if he is on the Layla path.

And the prints of them on the bench, i got this one with MC on layla's path but with enough points with Val...then she says this.
The other variation is her telling MC she doesnt like anyone at the moment
The other is when MC is "dating" her and they have their fun...but in this one she doesnt tell him that she was flirting with Daryl...i think that maybe the flirting doesnt happen when MC is pursuing her.
Oh, and theres the one where she consoles MC about the Elena/Layla situation.
Dont remember if theres other variations.
The other variation is Val giving you the cold shoulder and telling you off if you got caught dating both Monroe sisters. She takes Layla's side.

I think the main problem with Val behaving that way on the park bench is inconsistent writing or bad writing. She clearly likes you even if you're on Layla path. Unlike the choice Val asks you to make between her and Lexi, she just quietly backs off (no scene clearly shows her making the decision to back off) when you're on the Layla path. But even up to point she helps you with Ethan and the goons, the MC still gets the choice to kiss her even if you're on the Layla path.

The whole Darryl on top of her on the beach is also inconsistent writing because it makes her inconsistent with her stand on guys inappropriately touching her. It's a clumsy execution of "the MC needs more competition". That only works if Nyx clearly shows Val trying to make the MC jealous by using Darryl.

Val is kind of the female version of the MC. I hope that gets explored more outside of their being the only child of estranged parents, shared interests in athletics, music and morning cereal, and her keeping her dating options open (deceitfully) like the MC.

The one character i can see getting killed is Iris... dying to protect her sister.
I hope not, she's not my favorite but i like her overall.
Maybe Val gets hurt too, she does insert herself into the Ethan thing on her path and she's always hanging out with Layla(the Lucas thing).

If any girls end up getting hurt i hope Nyx goes soft for once and just keep them at hospital for one update, with no permanent damage long term.
I'll be sad if it's Iris or Val.

I also hope it will just be a hospital stay not a graveyard.

Reactions: LSC82

LSC82

Engaged Member
Jul 27, 2020

In "Acting Lessons" I was about to throw the game in the trash! I played it and I can assure you, the first time I played it was an epic shock! Especially because it was about a three-way relationship!
It sure felt like it was heading for a happy throuple...

I was sure i did something wrong, went back to the beggning and ignored the evil cunt... same results.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

Wanting the three-way was the issue, if you only wanted one girl you just save your waifu and too bad for the other :HideThePain: :4Head:

Lun@

Dec 27, 2023
Acting Lessons was the funniest middle finger from a dev I think I've ever seen. The meltdown was on epic proportions...I think some people got traumatised. The dev set the bar for how to really piss off your community. I'm glad Nyx doesn't visit here because reading this stuff could give her ideas...:LOL:

Killing off Val would be a nice way to annoy her community but then again we are talking about Nyx, so anything goes :devilish:

Reactions: vireker

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
I'm glad Nyx doesn't visit here because reading this stuff could give her ideas...:LOL:
She had to take pills,had suicidal tendencies and had to take undergo years of psychiatric care after having to endure some torments here..

Whenever she hears the word"f95",
the most horrible,longest texts written by Portuguese veterans of many wars come back to her mind,
and she immediately wants to jump off the highest bridge..:cautious::cautious:
ddem-doki-doki-exit-music.gif

4.40 star(s) 282 Votes