Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
well he did help erynn with her problems although temporarily.
sorta? Could go either way however. If you go for the phone the next day Ethan could post that shit from his PC. If you go the other route who knows what happens, but he is clearly sus of John. Either way, I'd say the whole plot-line is far from resolved.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
sorta? Could go either way however. If you go for the phone the next day Ethan could post that shit from his PC. If you go the other route who knows what happens, but he is clearly sus of John. Either way, I'd say the whole plot-line is far from resolved.
cause nyx keeps adding sideplots and in future awaits more track and field.

• Haha
Reactions: LSC82 and Elduriel

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Shoulda followed him home and slit his throat two episodes ago... JMHO

• Red Heart
Reactions: MrD812

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Shoulda followed him home and slit his throat two episodes ago... JMHO
yea, beat the fuck out of him, get on his devices/cloud, reset and delete everything. This wishy-washy shit ain't gonna solve anything. Too bad the MC doesn't have any male friends (other than Nate but he is on the other side of the country)... they could just gang up on the asshole and solve the whole thing in five minutes.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
still he could have had dead man switch which releases erynn's alleged video to interwebs if no some action in a few days. yes ethan isn't smartest but he could have gotten help.
Well, shit happens. I don't really like that bitch all that well anyway. She made her bed...

• Haha
Reactions: xXwankerXx and cxx

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
still he could have had dead man switch which releases erynn's alleged video to interwebs if no some action in a few days. yes ethan isn't smartest but he could have gotten help.
he may have a backup or two but I highly doubt he would setup something like that... you do that sort of shit mostly when your life is in danger and want that info out there no matter what.

Reactions: MrD812 and motseer

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I'm not really a violent person in general, but if someone close to me was blackmailed with shit like that... they would definitely end up in the hospital with a "stolen" phone.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Get to know some well going through the traumas, will be worth the insight of what they actually experience.
Specially younger less socially seasoned people(females), it's nothing to take lightly then what most can truly comprehend.
Just for the record, this is not to say all or "young less socially seasoned" people are females.
While there are ones in this title.
For those whom find any of this offensive.

Apologies
View attachment Apologies.mp4

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
That cheating sub-plot for MC's father was completely unnecessary and ruined the dilemma that the MC had about his "father". Before, he loved his dad and mom, and could even let the player treat the mother coldly upon learning that she sorta played his adoptive dad (took advantage of a good guy's feelings for her) for her own benefit. But after that ridiculous setup of him cheating on his new wife, it's like the dev flipped a switch for the MC where he now hates the dad and loves his mom unconditionally - despite her selfish decisions. Any semblance of an emotional struggle there is gone. For nothing.
Nyx initially didn't realise that it made the mom look like the asshole. So she overcorrected by making the adoptive dad a cheating asshole. She even made sure he punches the MC to drive home the point.

However she's still wrong. Some dude raising a kid as his own after Em manipulated him into taking care of her and her baby is not the bad guy in that situation. No matter how she tries to "course-correct" after the fact.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Nyx initially didn't realise that it made the mom look like the asshole. So she overcorrected by making the adoptive dad a cheating asshole. She even made sure he punches the MC to drive home the point.

However she's still wrong. Some dude raising a kid as his own after Em manipulated him into taking care of her and her baby is not the bad guy in that situation. No matter how she tries to "course-correct" after the fact.
Thing is, yes, the mom was a bit of a bitch for pulling that stunt, but the dad also made his choice. They both agreed that MC's babby daddy is off-limits, but she still went and had lunch with him. She broke that promise, and the dad divorced her. She played him. It happens. Letting the player choose whether to forgive their mother or distance themselves from her was a brilliant opportunity for players to express themselves in an ethically grey situation.

With the overcorrection, all Nyx did was cover up shameless behaviour that should be shameful. The mother should be regretful, the dad has the right to be angry and leave her. What she's done is essentially excuse mom's behaviour which sends the wrong message to men and women.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
Thing is, yes, the mom was a bit of a bitch for pulling that stunt, but the dad also made his choice. They both agreed that MC's babby daddy is off-limits, but she still went and had lunch with him. She broke that promise, and the dad divorced her. She played him. It happens. Letting the player choose whether to forgive their mother or distance themselves from her was a brilliant opportunity for players to express themselves in an ethically grey situation.

With the overcorrection, all Nyx did was cover up shameless behaviour that should be shameful. The mother should be regretful, the dad has the right to be angry and leave her. What she's done is essentially excuse mom's behaviour which sends the wrong message to men and women.
Sure Emily has made mistakes, she was young, stupid and pregnant. She was no doubt desperate and Andres jumped in there, somewhat to get back at Santiago as he hated him. Their relationship was never going to last, given how it started.
Andres should never have asked for the MC to never be told the truth, that wasn't his decision to make. Everyone should know where they really come from. Emily should also have never agreed to that, but we all make mistakes.
Personally I find it more upsetting that the MC missed out on his Mom for five years, I know that it was necessary for the plot but still, you only have one Mom even if she isn't as perfect as many would like.

Reactions: CodyOn
4.40 star(s) 282 Votes