Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Personally I find it more upsetting that the MC missed out on his Mom for five years, I know that it was necessary for the plot but still, you only have one Mom even if she isn't as perfect as many would like.
Not just his mom but Erynn too, while yeah family is important. I find missing time you could have spent friends equally sad as missed time with family especially a close friend. From the sounds of things the MC and Erynn were pretty close when they were younger. Tho considering how close Emily was to Erynn's mom they might as well be a second family growing up. So yeah the entire thing is kind of sad for me it's one of the things that always gets to me when I see it in AVN's.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
Not just his mom but Erynn too, while yeah family is important. I find missing time you could have spent friends equally sad as missed time with family especially a close friend. From the sounds of things the MC and Erynn were pretty close when they were younger. Tho considering how close Emily was to Erynn's mom they might as well be a second family growing up. So yeah the entire thing is kind of sad for me it's one of the things that always gets to me when I see it in AVN's.
Yeah same, all over a stupid misunderstanding that could have been solved with a simple conversation. The MC must have been acting like a real brat, rejection (though not really) hurts but get over it.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Sure Emily has made mistakes, she was young, stupid and pregnant. She was no doubt desperate and Andres jumped in there, somewhat to get back at Santiago as he hated him. Their relationship was never going to last, given how it started.
Andres should never have asked for the MC to never be told the truth, that wasn't his decision to make. Everyone should know where they really come from. Emily should also have never agreed to that, but we all make mistakes.
Personally I find it more upsetting that the MC missed out on his Mom for five years, I know that it was necessary for the plot but still, you only have one Mom even if she isn't as perfect as many would like.
Like I said, Andres agreed to make her an honest woman with some conditions - which are not unreasonable, mind you (who in their right mind would ever allow their wife to keep seeing her babby daddy? That is just asking for trouble) - and Emily agreed. Now, MC had the right to know, a fact which Andres would've eventually disclosed on his own, I'm sure, since he was portrayed as a loving father to MC.

Making Andres a cheater was a complete 180 on his character, and Nyx was horribly wrong for doing that.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Sorry, I stopped supporting devs who take too long to deliver any chapters. I'm only supporting good beginner projects and where the devs are active in the community. And mainly, I'm supporting projects that are going to be released on Steam.
don't see why this wouldn't get steam release, ofc it's up to nyx.

anonnyscouse

Engaged Member
Jul 25, 2020
I'm still convinced that Andres cheating was a late change to avoid incest. If Nyx had gone through with the Nikki death storyline then it probably would have ended any budding romance with Cara too as she would have been grieving and MC would have gone home to let the family grieve in peace, Andres would have married his fiancee and storyline is over. Alternatively Nikki's mom would have been too grief-stricken to get married so MC and Cara could have continued romance. However with Nikki surviving Nyx needed a quick get-out to avoid Andres marrying and causing the Nikki or Cara relationship becoming incest and the quickest thing she thought of was Andres cheating on his fiancee.

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Thing is, yes, the mom was a bit of a bitch for pulling that stunt, but the dad also made his choice. They both agreed that MC's babby daddy is off-limits, but she still went and had lunch with him. She broke that promise, and the dad divorced her. She played him. It happens. Letting the player choose whether to forgive their mother or distance themselves from her was a brilliant opportunity for players to express themselves in an ethically grey situation.

With the overcorrection, all Nyx did was cover up shameless behaviour that should be shameful. The mother should be regretful, the dad has the right to be angry and leave her. What she's done is essentially excuse mom's behaviour which sends the wrong message to men and women.
Yeah the issue is the framing. You forgive Emily absurdly easily if you do, you have literally 0 chance to forgive your adoptive father.

Emily, nor anyone around her for that matter, seem to think what she did was a shitty thing to do. She doesn't even seem to recognise it as a moral failing on her part. Not even a little. I could be recalling it poorly, but I don't think any of it was framed as something she did to the stepdad.

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
I'm still convinced that Andres cheating was a late change to avoid incest. If Nyx had gone through with the Nikki death storyline then it probably would have ended any budding romance with Cara too as she would have been grieving and MC would have gone home to let the family grieve in peace, Andres would have married his fiancee and storyline is over. Alternatively Nikki's mom would have been too grief-stricken to get married so MC and Cara could have continued romance. However with Nikki surviving Nyx needed a quick get-out to avoid Andres marrying and causing the Nikki or Cara relationship becoming incest and the quickest thing she thought of was Andres cheating on his fiancee.
That might well be the case, but then I would expect her to reframe a lot of it in the remake of the earlier chapters. She didn't do that though. It's still framed in a similar fashion.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Honestly, I think it's just Nyx being sexist, the way she dealt with Andres and treated Emily during that time period was pretty extreme, and based on how she's been treating MC, if he's anything other than the PERFECT boyfriend, Nyx is going to ruin his life, and you guys know that.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Yeah the issue is the framing. You forgive Emily absurdly easily if you do, you have literally 0 chance to forgive your adoptive father.

Emily, nor anyone around her for that matter, seem to think what she did was a shitty thing to do. She doesn't even seem to recognise it as a moral failing on her part. Not even a little. I could be recalling it poorly, but I don't think any of it was framed as something she did to the stepdad.
This is it.

The crux of the issue is painting Emily in an innocent light, as if she did absolutely nothing wrong to Andres. I don't want to speculate why this happened (I stand behind the Patreon incest conspiracy theory as well, seems the most obvious), but if Nyx is truly a member of the female population, then I dare say some natural biases are in play here.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I never saw any issue with Emily having lunch assuming what she told the MC is the truth and she did not cheat. However I do get why Andres would have an issue with it and yeah she probably should of respected Andres feelings since it's clear she wanted to meet him for her sake not the MC's. But Emily going along with hiding the truth and sending the MC away because he was acting up and she didn't know how to handle him. Well that is a different story for me , as she went along with Andres's ultimatum and to me feels like she didn't try hard enough if her only solution was to send the MC away.

I still think Andres is a bit worst than Emily with or without cheating. Simply because it was his idea to come up with that ultimatum for Emily to never tell the MC the truth. Both are at fault yes since Emily did agree but the fact it was his idea makes him worst to begin with to me despite the negatives for Emily's character. So some see the cheating Andreas did because of patron or they think it's very forced for one reason or another. Me on the other hand it does not surprise me one bit and feels like something he would do if he wants / willing to keep the truth from the MC. Yeah , yeah I get he hates the father and doesn't want him in the MC's life but still not his decision to make. To me that shows he doesn't really care all that much about others feeling only his own. He should of simply walked away if it was such a big deal but he wanted his cake and eat it too.

At least that's how I see things personally I may be off base a bit with my personal opinion but just how I see things. I'm probably forgetting some details but from what I do recall I dislike Andres more than Emily.

Last edited:

MrDude1977

Jul 24, 2024
Andres should have never made Emily agree to a promise like that and Emily should have never sent MC to Andres. Also i like to throw in Eryn drama. They may have not been making fun of MC but she sure should have been talking to MC instead of walking off and watching a stupid video and laughing during a confession by the MC to Eyrn and after the fact when he stormed off the first time Eyrn still sitting there yapping to Ethan instead of making sure MC wasn't upset. Also if she was sooo close to MC and ethan always picked on MC why the crap would she even be friends with Ethan to begin with? None of the Eyrn stuff makes sense to me. Also the Blackmail doesn't make sense she was what 17-18 years old having sex with her BF? WHOAA Big deal so what? Thats not really blackmail material there if you ask me.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: PeraDrnda

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
Completed my first playthrough a little while ago and I'm stoked. I've been waiting for a while for a game to come along and earn the last spot in my top ten and now I've found it. Lots more playthroughs needed now though to get saves going on the other paths, can't say I'm sad about that.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Andres should have never made Emily agree to a promise like that and Emily should have never sent MC to Andres. Also i like to throw in Eryn drama. They may have not been making fun of MC but she sure should have been talking to MC instead of walking off and watching a stupid video and laughing during a confession by the MC to Eyrn and after the fact when he stormed off the first time Eyrn still sitting there yapping to Ethan instead of making sure MC wasn't upset. Also if she was sooo close to MC and ethan always picked on MC why the crap would she even be friends with Ethan to begin with? None of the Eyrn stuff makes sense to me. Also the Blackmail doesn't make sense she was what 17-18 years old having sex with her BF? WHOAA Big deal so what? Thats not really blackmail material there if you ask me.
I excuse the whole Erynn being friends with Ethan cause she was young. Hell when I was young I was friends with people I knew I shouldn't because I didn't have the backbone to not be friends with them anymore. So if I go from that point of view I can understand why she kept Ethan around and was friendly towards him for awhile. Not saying that's case for her but I can at least understand it a bit.

As far as the walking off with the confession thing, yeah i see your point but at the same time she probably didn't know what to do since she was around her friends. Not something you really should do in front of others as it can cause embarrassment for the girl or vis versa as well if she isn't into you then she would have to turn you down infront of her friends. Which makes a damn if you do and damn if you don't situation at least if she is nice enough and doesn't want to cause a scene or embarrassment for you infront of others. So I can't really blame her for walking off personally.

The only reason it's blackmail material for Erynn is because of the career she wants to go for. It can hurt her chances of ever becoming a math teacher.

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
Also the Blackmail doesn't make sense she was what 17-18 years old having sex with her BF? WHOAA Big deal so what? Thats not really blackmail material there if you ask me.
The only reason it's blackmail material for Erynn is because of the career she wants to go for. It can hurt her chances of ever becoming a math teacher.
It's absolutely blackmail material. Career choices don't even matter, no self-respecting woman would want that tape to come out regardless of circumstance, it's a complete violation of her privacy. Just by definition it's blackmail because it's getting someone to do something by holding something over them.

Audi4Rings

Dec 8, 2023
I'm just going through my games and noticed the version here is 0.12.3 I got this game in May and the folder says 0.12 I didn't see 0.12 in the changelog. Did I miss the update?

4.40 star(s) 282 Votes