VN - Ren'Py - Intertwined [v0.12.3] [Nyx]

1. 2.00 star(s)

ravenquartz

[SPOILER ALERT]

This is gonna be a short review because I'm not even halfway there. But I think I'm ready to give this game a verdict (not the final one).

I've played multiple AVNs before and everytime I see some agreement and disagreement from other people, I can relate to both. But this game is somewhat different, I can't see why lots of people like this game and more leaning towards the disagreement (except if this is your first AVN ever). The MC has strong build with cool ass tattoos but this dude is actually a punching bag around the corner. He's also somewhat weak minded, don't even know how to react properly under stress. One of the example is when he got detention and came back to home, he caught Emily (MC's mom) kissing her neighbor (Melissa) and he went mad as hell about it, thinking that his mom divorced his dad because of Melissa. Few days later, he came back to his mom and asked for explanation, turns out his real dad (Santiago) is a bastard and his family won't even marry him and MC's mom. His mom then married someone who also already knew about her pregnancy. Guess what? MC's reaction is basically just "oh okay haha can I see my real dad?" and then they're being okay again. What the hell is this? the entire family is fucked. Emily is a hoe, Santiago is a douchebag, and their son is an idiot, what a great fucking family. Hell, they don't even know the word "resposibillity" at all. I swear to God, if she was my real mom, I would've disowned her for the rest of my life.

This game also has too many unnecessary flashbacks. What is this? Is this Naruto? I don't think so. Why so many unnecessary flashbacks??

Sex scenes? Probably one of the worst I've seen. Feels like I'm playing a video on 8-bit.

Intertwined also has a few of inconcistencies. Is this game take place in the US? why do they call soccer as football?

The women are also weird, like they keep hitting the MC all of sudden. So far, the only women who have different approach are Cora and Layla. Their interest over MC seems genuine and they're the only reason why I don't give this game one star.

I still don't get it why many people like this game. Summertime Saga from 2016 has better storyline than this.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

dimsey87

Honestly I don't have any real complaints. The writing is good! There's a good mix of drama and comedy in the narrative. The relationships feel a little more complicated than is typical in these games. Eagerly awaiting the next episode.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Raynare69

Intertwined [v0.12.3]

Pros:
    + Does a great job with character interactions
    + Character personalities feel fleshed out, well thought out
    + Overall story progression is interesting
    + Character development is well done
    + Choices really feel like they matter
    + Great for light fun, or a semi-light story (subject to change)
    + Great replayability potential

Cons:
    - Nothing particularly out of this world, but doesn't necessarily try to be, nor does it have to be
    - Main story progression may feel a little slow
    - Limited range of emotional pull

This is one of my top 5 favorite ongoing visual novels. The setting isn't fantastical or out of this world, but it does a good job of showing character development and progression. I like the way that the characters engage and interact with one another and with the MC. Conversations are well done. Scenarios aren't too over the top.

Overall Rating: 9.0/10
  4. 4.00 star(s)

rylenops

The game is pretty great all around and has very good-looking girls, even if renders are average and writing could be a bit better. Wish this game had some music to back it up, but it is mostly silent and you better put up a playlist on Spotify or something while playing to keep you in the novel.

Would recommend it to anyone looking for a game where decisions matter and your actions have lasting consequences. The game does this well and is worth a try at least.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

volcano77

"Intertwined" is surprisingly for my really good VN,
    (Played version 0.12.3)

I usually really lazy to stick read until the end of the episode of the game if the game almost 90% silent but "Intertwined" succeeded make me stayed to read.

The most I really liked it's the story of the game and make me think before try pursue with love interest , Is she will connected to us? or any MC relative?
    also got element surprise and also good humors, all delivered with good and well-packed.

I gave 4/5
    If near the future will added music and it will be set absolutely 5/5.

Because I am curator page on steam,
    Hope also will coming to Steam and I am pretty sure this game will get very positive reviews, at least come to Steam with early access since this game already got a lot of hours to play and explorer.
    and even your game deserve day 1 to buy.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

goonerfandango

Really enjoyed it. The girls are very attractive and the renders are great. The writing is good, vibrant characters and an immersive slice-of-life plot. Early animations are a bit rough, but this improves through subsequent updates. Thanks to Nyx for making this, great job.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Grizzzzly

Version 0.12.3 Rather impressed with this one. Very good graphics, gameplay and interactions.

The Dev has put allot into this one, many, many twists, turns and "intertwined" relationships. This is not a harem and so you have multiple LIs that you can date, break with, and ...jeez a little confusing to be honest.

I found it very much worthy of a 4 star rating, but I honestly had a hard time liking it. Personally I am not a fan of harem games, as those are just designed to be very easy, you get them all kinda thing, and no stress. This is not a harem, heck even dating 2 of them and you get into trouble - thus "Intertwined." Cool concept, but frustrating, I think by intent.

This game adds stress and consequences for your actions, but at this point in the game it ends up being frustrating as some of the LIs are not finished, you don't know what paths have more content, probably will become clearer as the game continues to fill out.

Excellent character development, beautiful graphics. Look forward to seeing what comes next.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

MomEnjoyer321

One of the best adult games ever made. The characters are all very pretty and tons of them are my favorite in the genre. The writing is very good, especially the dialogue which is very witty and emotional at moments. As a bisexual man its awesome to have a really hot male character in the game. It makes the sex scenes alot better and this game has the hottest male main character ive seen in a game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

sinbsd

Exceptionally well written and super hot game, models are stunners (valeria, looking at you) and the premise is unique and interesting. this is one of my top favorites on the site at this time. Why must reviews be 200 words?
  10. 4.00 star(s)

consumptionist

V0.12.1

hard not to like this one. plenty of characters to chase after, enough to meet many tastes and the writing is on point. none of that childish script that makes my ears leak IQ. plot is pretty vanilla for my taste but it is delivered very well.

not played many routes, as that's an end game thing for me but what i have seen has entertained my reader's itch, even if it IS basically a daytime tv drama. every time the credits roll i start humming the theme tune to 'neighbours' :ROFLMAO:

there may be some shocks down the line, or it might just pan out as mildly entertaining as it has been so far. either way there are hints that the writer is as capable as the artist and i feel confident it will keep it's quality to the bitter/sweet end.

good stuff
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Adonis2000

This AVN has a very intricately woven plot line that mingles the stories of all the characters, as per the name "Intertwined." The graphics and models are very high quality. The character development is very good. The different paths you can take gives this a ton of replay-ability, trying to figure out how to romance each girl. There are only hints of a taboo topic, as of Version 11, but nothing taboo yet. One of my top 10 AVNs, all time.

Edit: As of version 12, there appears to be strong indications of taboos in some relationships.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

cikilotam

The women are amazing, they have personalities and they are not two dimensional, especially Alexis. The story is well thought out. It's like a realistic slice of life where MC's dick isn't the cure for everything like most AVN's.

The most clever aspect of this game is how scenes vary depending on your relationship score. The only drawback is that I wish I could discern whether I am on a specific LI's path. However, it's not that bad because it adds to the replayability.

I'm still discovering new ways for Alexis to dump me.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

BarvarianDave

As someone who is more interested in the characters, relationships, and story than in sex scenes, I think this game is one of the best. I personally love the sense of humour of the dev and think this is one of the funniest VNs out there; the MC is very charismatic and there are plenty of beautiful girls to chose from who are fun and interesting. I do also like that the interactions with the MC are somewhat more realistic, women show interest in him and flirt but not all want to fuck him and marry him right away as in many other VNs. In this game, you actually must get enough points with most girls in order to be able to have a romance. This isn't a Harem so you can have them all, which will surely be a tough decision to make but more down to earth as well.​
    For people who care about the sex scenes, it is true they are not fully animated and generally just looped frames. You also have the option to have easy sex right from the outset, but there are many other sex scenes that are more intimate. You don't start with a girlfriend or being in a relationship, so you can date multiple girls for most of the game without problem (at least so far). The graphics are good overall, and I think the game has no music nor sound. Excellent VN imo.​
  14. 5.00 star(s)

yeetermcgee123

One of the best games out there. Well written, good models, ample content. Nice for there to be a game with realistic consequences for prior choices instead of simply making it an absurd harem.

Hopefully not many new characters moving forward since we are 3.5 years in, the story feels about ~halfway finished at this point. Given that the story starts out about Erynn... would also make sense for there to be some character and plot development there
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Redplanetblues

This is very clearly a five star game. The dev has put some serious thought into the branching, so much so that I am still finding 'new' stuff after a dozen playthroughs. The models look good and are attractive without the oversized udders that seem so predominant in VNs. And seemingly innocuous choices matter - imagine my delight when I found the way to Elena! My only gripe is that the wroting occasionally seems a bit off, but I think the dev isn't a native English speaker, and the rough edges get smoothed over a little later on.

Summary for ADHD afflicted: interesting story, attractive models, choices matter. 5*.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

Look I really tried to like this game, but there is just sooooooooo much drama. Everything is drama drama drama. You also get "choices" in that you can choose to pursue a girl, but you don't get choices in what happens. When you later learn the big secret from your mom, I thought it was quite disgusting and wanted nothing to do with her but still i'm forced to hug her and talk nicely to her and all this other stuff. You don't get choice, you have the illusion of choice. A shame cause the girls are pretty and the writing is decent, but between the lack of choice in the non stop drama, honestly just watch a movie or something.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

CodyOn

I love this VN. It is the most immersive VN I have ever played. Each character has its own distinct character, sense of humor and behavior. The story is very good, well thought out and developed. There are different LI and it is worth playing each one of them, because each one has its peculiarities and directs you in a different way. The choices you make have a significant influence on the development of your character and your environment.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

ShepardRahl

Review of v0.11.2...

I really enjoyed Intertwined. Yes it's the typical 'boy comes back to hometown after a long time away' trope, but there are enough twists and surprises to keep it interesting.

The character models are all gorgeous and realistic. Each character also has their own distinct personalities. They are emoted well, and come across as believable.

The dialogue between the characters feels organic and is amusing at times.

There are a few issues I had though....

The writing could be better. I don't know if this is a translation or if only specific sections are or something, and while some areas are fine, there are glaring grammar and syntax errors through the writing in others.

The writing also seems to be inconsistent in places. For example, there is a part where a girl who the MC was previously in a relationship with suddenly shows up to MC's house with a suitcase and clearly upset about something. She cries and talks to the MC's mother. There is never any explanation as to why she suddenly showed up or why she was upset. A few in game days later the MC makes a comment about how the girl has to leave the next day. Again, there was never any indication as to how long she would be there or when she was leaving. Her visit starts with the girl suddenly showing up clearly upset about something and needing a place to stay and ends with everybody acting like she was on a planned visit. It's like there are two writers and one didn't know or care what the other was doing or had planned.

The lewd scene animations are decent, but the lewd scenes rely too much on one or two animations meaning the lewd scenes can be over in basically two clicks.

Some LI's (Valeria) show up pretty late in the current build. So unless the game is only half completed I'm not sure how you could reasonably get anywhere with them.

I was hoping there would be at lease some minor harem elements to the game (I like both Alexis and Eryn), but with the way the game is turning out it doesn't appear so.

I know I seem to have a lot of complaints, but these are mainly my own personal nitpicks (except for the part about the writing). But despite those I would recommend this game to anybody who my be interested in it and I hope to see it completed so I can return and visit these characters again.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Bigsy1

This is one of my favorites VN's ever and I sure played some. What I love the most about it is the fact the every girl has her own pros and cons. the LIs are well rounded and all very likeable. They are all super HOT also. For those who want a harem VN go look elsewhere but for people like me who enjoy multiple paths and like the fact that you can play it again and again and have different outcome this is one of the best VNs of it's kind.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Nekronoth

I downloaded this when it was on 0.5 and played through it then, didn't think much of it at the time and moved on. The project has since then had several years (I think) to cook and boy howdy have they cooked.

I'd like to preface this with that I do think this is a masterpiece in the making, at least if things progress at the same level of polish and quality.

There are some rough patches, some animations which stutter and take a bit to load in before they play though and sometimes you just click past stuff without seeing the animation which causes some scenes to shift dramatically, but these are small complaints.

I wasn't sure what I thought about the story to begin with but coming back now to 0.11.2, I can say that there are several things that first irked and grated on me. The shift between graphical design of the characters first annoyed me, especially Erynn, but It's grown on me since. There was some initial annoyance but I quickly realized the graphical upgrade wasn't just for character design but for everything, backgrounds, setting, everything. Pleasantly surprised.

I had a day where I was just lazing about and kept playing, got to the point where the game ended in 0.5 and it just kept playing. I expected it to eventually end since this isn't a finished release and the story is still all up in the air, no conclusion in the near future. The game kept going way longer than I had anticipated and I soon realized I had spent the entire day playing the game, getting more and more invested in the story, especially since I kept doing the same stupid mistakes as previously.

You've managed to create quite a well written storyline with many intersecting points but also many clearly defined routes that have each girl mean something and also have an existence outside the MC. Some decisions radically alter what happens and that's a positive thing, at least to me. It shows that there are more to each different girl than simply a difference face or hair color. Each girl is unique in a way and mutually exclusive with others.

I was invested in many different girls plots and the culmination with Layla's pool party and the day after really had me hooked to continue and I was sorely disappointed that's where the current patch ended but I'm quite looking forward to how the project continues. I can see several things happening, you're hinting at things and it's looking bright from where I'm standing. Good job!