invisible Man MC

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
So i have played lot of the games here and i have come to the conclusion that i hate games where you see the MC and i like the ones where you cant see the Mc or no face and a body i was wondering if any one feels that way of prefers it one way or another?

Aristro

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Yes, It is easier to immerse yourself into the story if you can't see MC... Otherwise I feel like a spectator...

JuniorAT

Dec 25, 2017
If it's a male MC it doesn't really matter to me. I only ask that if he's shown he's not an eye sore to look at. Some that show the body but cleverly blocks the face always takes me out of the game and I'd rather they not do that.

I haven't played a game where a female MC was invisible, but with my preference I'd always want to see the female MC. :LOL:

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
imagine watching any movie with the lead male face hidden or avoided by camera the whole movie through.

it's fine if you want that though, and luckily there's a lot of games catering for this weird preference. but it is extremely weird way of looking at it, and the cranky old dude in my head mutters that too much fps games has probably finally rotted your brain away. shoulda listened to mom when she said you play them way too much. (I don't really think that. it's the cranky old dude in me that does. play away anyway you like.)

that said, daz has a huge problem with male faces and it's 10x harder to not make them look like shit. for that alone I totally get why someone chooses to avoid the whole problem.

also there's the question of 'casting'. I feel people will mostly drop any male face into their game just to have one, which would NEVER happen in movies etc. instead the right look is carefully selected out of hundreds of actors, so it wouldn't feel off in the story. here we never get that. often the mc looks like they deliberately went for the douchiest look possible, and I don't mean the games where the mc is meant to be obnoxious. people are just bad at choosing the right face, and even if they did daz is gonna fight them every step of the way.

Lyathlas

Apr 23, 2021
I have the same opinion, since i dont like seeing the male protagonist's face except when it's not atrocious to look at.