Unreal Engine inZOI

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Just trying to generate interest for the upcoming inZOI, it's a Sims competitor built in Unreal Engine. There's a character creator demo that's supposed to release on Steam on August 21st.

Here's the link to its Steam page -

It's also supposed to have mod support, so hopefully mod authors hop on this game and give it the same treatment as Sims 4.

He11mo

Apr 9, 2020
its more like LIFEPLAY! but jacked to a thousand!. imagine the perfected graphx pack. and the MODS. oh boi. the degenaracy (which we are you know ;D waiting for) gosh darn i cant wait for the full release of this. but dang. i think i need to update my potato of a pc just to play this game.

Otaku111

Dec 20, 2021
Cant wait for the first threads popping up here after release.
depending on how open modding is tho.

Playing a scenario + influenced char generations, by some degen from here sounds fun in my head.

_nyxx_

May 10, 2023
Cant wait for the first threads popping up here after release.
depending on how open modding is tho.

Playing a scenario + influenced char generations, by some degen from here sounds fun in my head.
I think they said somewhere that there was going to be official mod support.

• Hey there
Reactions: Otaku111

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Just trying to generate interest for the upcoming inZOI, it's a Sims competitor built in Unreal Engine. There's a character creator demo that's supposed to release on Steam on August 21st.

Here's the link to its Steam page -

It's also supposed to have mod support, so hopefully mod authors hop on this game and give it the same treatment as Sims 4.
I saw this game on gamescom. The new game developed by Krafton is shaping up to be a serious rival to the life simulation The Sims.

Some even describe it as a "Sims killer", as if it would come to destroy The Sims franchise.

Moreover, games from Asia, and particularly from China, are very popular at the moment in Europe and the United States and are of better quality than games made by American studios, even better than AAA.

Otaku111

Dec 20, 2021
Some even describe it as a "Sims killer", as if it would come to destroy The Sims franchise.
To be fair, Sims (EA) has worn that crone for quite some time now uncontested and they "abused" that power shown by there pricing. (Last thing I heard they didn't care about there fanbase opinion anymore, but I don't know if that's still the case)
So some serious competition would be welcome to that genre tho. It is always the best thrive for improvement and innovation in that space.

Now that i think about it, it's somewhat similar to the situation of Overwatch right now. Never thought those games would ever have something in common. :unsure:

(...) better quality than games made by American studios, even better than AAA.
Well, instead of improving the games and telling there initial story wich had potential, they are to busy letting there games being hollowed by 3rd party's to include "diversity." (I don't like the new meaning of diversity in relation to video games. It's now more a buzz word then a description of in game features.)

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
To be fair, Sims (EA) has worn that crone for quite some time now uncontested and they "abused" that power shown by there pricing. (Last thing I heard they didn't care about there fanbase opinion anymore, but I don't know if that's still the case)
So some serious competition would be welcome to that genre tho. It is always the best thrive for improvement and innovation in that space.

Now that i think about it, it's somewhat similar to the situation of Overwatch right now. Never thought those games would ever have something in common. :unsure:

Well, instead of improving the games and telling there initial story wich had potential, they are to busy letting there games being hollowed by 3rd party's to include "diversity." (I don't like the new meaning of diversity in relation to video games. It's now more a buzz word then a description of in game features.)
They still care about their fans' opinions, but the fact that they have a monopoly on this type of game, being the only franchise to have really succeeded in life simulation, they take advantage of it to put exorbitant prices for DLC and furniture and object kits, and they add a mind-boggling number of kits for less than ten objects for around €10 to €15 ($11.05 - $16.57).

I agree. Competition is the best in all areas. It encourages and forces us to always innovate, offer better quality content, regulate prices and it makes our brains work to try to surpass ourselves and our competitors.

Reactions: rKnight

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Yes, it is because of the left and the woke ideology, a tiny minority of the world population AND of each country who want to impose their way of life on the majority, and to do so they are helped by politicians, the media and the rich who do it through oppressive laws.

As it has become a fashion and a trend, brands and companies surf on trends, and use it in their marketing and their products.

The video game industry is no exception to the rule, and do it in their games. But also because employees and managers personally share this ideology, unfortunately.

When will companies stop mixing politics with video games?

Some brands, like a famous whiskey brand recently stopped using the woke trend to promote their products because they had noticed a huge drop in their revenues. Other brands have done it too.

Reactions: rKnight
May 19, 2022
a couple thoughts on this. First off Idk about rumored mod support but in the demo they have extra encryption that makes it harder to get the models compared to most UE5 games which are a breeze. Its possible but it indicates the likelihood of friction. Second, at least for the demo without gameplyay features yet, there's really nothing exceptional going on here. As far as I can tell these are regular metahumans the only difference is they intentionally scouted hot people for their models. Which is what metahuman should've been all along. I cant imagine making a system to design photoreal people and then deciding I'm only going to use it to make ugly or average at best people lol

Anyway if the actual gameplay is good enough and its not too hard to mod then this will be the next wicked whims. The name is a great fit as well - inzoi nsfw mod players can refer to themselves as incels

However my current prediction is that the game will not be particularly interesting outside of aesthetic, will not be that easy to mod, and will ultimately lead to hordes of talented people spending a disproportionate amount of time making something into something its not when they could've just made their own game from scratch with less effort. Just crowdfund some attractive metahumans and thats a good start

Finnius

Donor
Jul 4, 2020
I am excited for this...and ya wickedwhims would be very much needed. As for the woke/dei 'agenda' we are starting to see a huge backlash in not only the game community but also with movies and tv. This is a good thing. Having 3% of the population try to demand 'their' likes/dislikes be the majority is insane. Glad to see the pushback FINALLY...after about 5-6 years of crap games/movies/tv

Hirus

Apr 5, 2017
It's good that they "green lit" the mod support, This game will need it. If there are no Mods or too difficult to mod then people will play for a couple months, get bored and go back to shilling for Sims cause there is no other option.

And if the game is good and checks all the boxes for a great Sims Killer, then EA better get started on Sims 5 and not another stupid DLC.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I question how many of the for The Sims are going to have an RTX, while Sims 4 would probably run fine on an iGPU.

CardinalRed

Amazing Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 8, 2021
I question how many of the for The Sims are going to have an RTX, while Sims 4 would probably run fine on an iGPU.
Something I noticed is that the game is really heavy, just the character creator is almost 20 gigs, and come cutscenes lagged on my pc. I wonder how it would compare to daz, but I'm optmistic for this game with mods

OppenhAImer

Jun 4, 2022
This will be so addicting when the mods come out, it will be to good especially from how realistic it is, i can just imagine all the types of mods wow.

LadyBoyJay

Jun 12, 2017
Hi! Has anyone heard anything regarding commercial usage? Will you own the "renders / screen captures" that you create, like with Daz3D? Or, is the studio behind InZOI going to try to retain full rights over everything, like what most AAA game companies do? I'm curious if this is something worth considering as a simple/basic alternative to Daz3D. :unsure: