Ren'Py - Completed - Iris Quest: The Goblins' Curse [Xaljio & Dahr]

1. 2.00 star(s)

latrop16

Even the great art and unique gameplay doesn't make help to make the game more entertaining.
    The gameplay loot is pretty boring and things that happens are static images.
    All you do is press on a dice and choose sometimes to go left or right.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

vowl

Great art, mediocre dialogues, boring repetitive gameplay. There are several endings, which is good. Due to the lack of saving, each ending has to be farmed, passing the game from the beginning, which is tedious.

In General, art pulls everything to a decent level.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

ecksdeedeedee

let me preface this by saying that i'm actually a big fan of akabur's art style and have enjoyed a vast majority of his previous works. that being said; this game is about as fun and interactive as being mugged, and then getting carjacked on your way to the police station. it's essentially the worst combat mechanic i've ever seen, wrapped in the worst, most luck-based board game. the boss is practically unbeatable, and 80% of the gameplay leading up to the battle is practically the equivalent of taking valium and downing it with chamomile.
    in fact, if you want to simulate the experience of playing this game without having to download it, all you have to do is open a game of pinball 2000 and play it using only the left paddle, and every 5-10 seconds tab over to a hentai image, and then, every 5 or so minutes punch yourself in the balls and then start over.
    I give this minigame an ign review of 9.1/10.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Beanjam

I am unsure who would actually want to play this. Maybe someone who really, really likes playing chance-based board games.

Basically, you're playing Sorry with a few hazard spaces tacked on: losing one of your two clothes or dying and being sent back to the nearest home space while losing a turn. Sometimes you get to fight the other players in the rare cases you land on a space they are in, but those fights are almost entirely dependent on who has more clothes and the dice. The H-scenes are a picture and a short blurb. At least the art is nice.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

RamRod36

This game has a LOT of potential to be even better. Now if only I could code,program Renpy........Draw etc. My comments might mean more. However if I had the skill-set I'd make the following changes.
    1. Replace the player character with a "Guy that got lost"
    2. Somehow the above character winds up "Stable-Master" of all "Ponies" The goblins kidnap from other worlds and bring there.
    3. Ponies are told to earn points by winning races, which can then be used to buy their freedom.
    4. Since the player owns the ponies, he determines if they go free.......Not bloody likely!
    5. Player can instead use points to purchase nasty costumes for ponies, different butt-plugs that kind of thing. Enchantments as well.
    6. As player, he can Train ponies to ignore pleasure to win races, run faster, take bigger plugs.
    7. work with the trap-master to upgrade the traps. Instead of death, and taking clothes they get raped or spanked?
    8. New ponies of course!
    9. Upgraded story where the player either stops a coupe attempt on Foo or Helps and takes over with Foo becoming a pony.
    10. incorporate the tentacle monster with above.
    Just a couple thoughts on the matter.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Nobby

This game isn't necessarily for everyone. I enjoy the concept of four players all selfishly turning against each other and quite literally fucking the others over. It means, when you force Velma into a goblin gangbang or get an oversized buttplug permanently shoved up her ass, it feels good.

There's a decent amount of strategy with different items you can use and combat options in the games fights that make every fight possible, but difficult. If you play your cards right, I'd say you'll win fights about 90% of the time and win the overall race about 50-75% of the time (unless your going for a specific ending, which can make winning the race itself a bit harder). The game is still based largely around dice rolls though so it's possible to lose even if you do everything right. That's bound to be a turn off for a lot of people. That being said, each game isn't too overly long and the losing ending is pretty hot and a nice consolation prize.

I'd say try your hand at one or two rounds and if it's not for you it's not for you. Personally I love the art style and the gameplay is fun and random enough not to start feeling stale too quickly, with enough allowance for skill that you feel like your choices in combat really make a difference.

A lot of people have been complaining about the random combat as though it's impossible to win. Don't listen to them. The combat is usually winnable with moderate competence. It doesn't take skill, just some basic logic. If the enemy has an advantage in a round, just skip the round and boost your next move instead. When an enemy loudly announces they're going to hide, don't bother attacking, charge up instead. It's simple shit really. You'll win almost every fight.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

user_69

Barely a game. Very little H-content, very repetitive and boring. I don't know why they spent so much time making this pointless, little mini "game" when they should have been focusing on actually delivering the game they promised. As sad as it is, I doubt Iris Quest will ever actually get made, especially if this is anything to judge by.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

negavamas

Very short luck based board game with no payoff at the end, the races are constantly interrupted by stupid dialogue, everything is dependent wether RNGesus decides to take mercy on your soul (he won't) and collecting cards and endings is pointless, cards are just one off drawings without substance, wouldn't be so bad if they werent so complicated to get and endings are just a little explanation with a single image, again, very hard to get what you want since it's completely luck based. They say it cost them a lot of work to put this together, I say they should have scrapped it and put that work onto the "big" game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

aztak

From Iris Quest Creators - checked
    Promoting the damn good work -checked
    Including a rare sighting of Chel in the lewd kingdom of hentai from Eldorado - CCCHHHHHEEECCCKK..... URGH ''heart seizure''
    Hope to hear from them soon, good luck