Is Adrift 5 the Issue?

Grey88

Jul 19, 2017

(sorry for the low res, this photo is taken from my humble Galaxy Pocket)

I posted this first on . This game needed Adrift 5 to run.

Everything was fine when I was playing this up until the Queen of this game showed up then my desktop screen just got bright all of a sudden and different colors showed up until what you see above. I tried reconnecting the vga cable as well as restarting the pc but still no luck. The horizontal blue on the screen is the only thing left that is normal as I can see my mouse when I hover in that area and some outline of my desktop icons (my desktop wallpaper is just solid black btw).

Is this caused by Adrift 5? The only thing that I installed prior to this is only a game called Kyomusume Koku Tokouki.

I tried googling but my search was not fruitful as of writing (will resume again next time). Hopefully this is not dead pixels nor permanent and will return to normal once I check it again after my sleep.

P. S. Is this thread supposed to be on Gen. Troubleshooting? If so, can somebody move it there?

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Looks like a video card or monitor issue. Ensure all cables are plugged in securely and check your GPU temperatures. Does this only happen with this one game?

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
The fuck o.0

What OS?

Grey88

Jul 19, 2017
Looks like a video card or monitor issue. Ensure all cables are plugged in securely and check your GPU temperatures. Does this only happen with this one game?
Just this game, I had played more games before and I had never encountered something like this. All cables are plugged in correctly, as the GPU I can´t check because my monitor is still this way when I turned on my pc.

The fuck o.0

What OS?
Windows 7 Ultimate

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Turn off your computer and monitor and let them sit for an hour. Open your case and make sure the fan on the GPU is running when you restart your computer. Also, check and make sure all of your fans are working while you're in there (checking to see if your GPU is overheating). If your monitor is still displaying incorrectly, check the monitor settings and set to factory defaults if possible. Also, if available, hook up another monitor or tv to your pc to check if it's your monitor or video card. Another possibility is a bad driver. Download and install the latest video driver for your GPU. Good luck!

Reactions: Big Daddy

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Try a hard reset of the monitor (usually holding down the power button). Even better, unplug it and wait 2 minutes to be safe, then plug it back in. The computer can be on when you turn monitor on and off. If that doesn't work, then use the menu on the monitor to attempt a factory reset. If you do all the above and it won't access menu or fix itself, I'm willing to bet that it's the monitor that needs replacing.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

vcghbfbem

Sep 13, 2016
Adrift cannot be the cause, simply something happened in that moment, but in this case was unrelated to what you were doing.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah if this is happening after you've turned off your pc, adrift is not the cause. I think your monitor is done for. Either way try to enter safe mode, if the screen is still the same then yeah, it's fried. ._.

Grey88

Jul 19, 2017
Thanks for all of your suggestions, I´d just went to my uncle to see if he can do something about the monitor. Hopefully there´s still a slim chance for this monitor to recuperate.