Is anyone else getting a coinminer on void.cat?

Dareios

Sep 16, 2017
Everytime I try to download from void.cat, it comes up with this captcha style "verify me" message, but instead of being a captcha, it seems to be an inbuilt coinminer from coinhive, where it keeps mining for a certain amount of time and then it lets you download the file. This is really worrying considering the crap that gofile is doing

Reactions: Draghough

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
@F95
It is happening to me too. I made a brief research and it seems a javascript miner:

Last edited:

Draghough

May 26, 2017
Deserves to be removed just like all the coin mining hosts :test: ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Summary: If you really want to download you have to opt-in and won't mine without your consent , a little better than ninjamining Gofile and Filesupload.org if you ask me
Thanks for the news , ublock seem to had a filter to block it already but that list was replaced/removed "uBlock Protector List"

M3H1

Jun 7, 2017
Last time I used void.cat, it presented a box that appeared to be a reCaptcha "I am not a robot" square. But there was fine print that indicated that it was for "Coin Mine Sync". I thought it was slimey.

I don't run adblock (yet), so did not get the screen @Draghough shares.

Draghough

May 26, 2017
Last time I used void.cat, it presented a box that appeared to be a reCaptcha "I am not a robot" square. But there was fine print that indicated that it was for "Coin Mine Sync". I thought it was slimey.

I don't run adblock (yet), so did not get the screen @Draghough shares.
The note was taken from AuthedMine dot com and is displayed regardless if you have a adblock or not, and tbh i knew about the captcha like miner since they also have a url shortener service that uses it , but giving webmasters the posibility to embed it in their websites are news 4me
The proof of work (pow) is really a adblock killer and is near imp to bypass , unlike the normal script with ninja mining where you can easily get what you want in about 5-10 secounds. But hey if you really want the content and the POW stands in your way you can kiss it goodbye as it may take awhile without proper hardware , and unlike the 2 other hosts i would say avoid void.cat (no pun intended:test:) and sites that use it as i like adblocks and i want the freedom to support whatever i like (ppl are more open on allowing ads than mining , so not encoraging the use of pow would make the webmasters drop it and consider normal ads)

Final words : if the ads don't bother you , i recommend getting a adblocker just to block malware at least , the internet is a jungle