Is Cartoon Style Hard to render

Quantum01

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2022
I want to learn it has got very big bytes or less? I want to make a game according this.

Thank you.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
The size on disk is completely meaningless. I guess cartoony would have lesser colors, so you could save up on a few kbs I guess? That's hardly something you should choose a style over for.

If you mean size in memory, then it doesn't matter at all... That's affected by width and height of the image.
Cartoony might have less textures over realistic ones, so rendering might be a tad faster, but just like size on disk, that shouldn't be the factor deciding on your game's style.

Quantum01

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2022
The size on disk is completely meaningless. I guess cartoony would have lesser colors, so you could save up on a few kbs I guess? That's hardly something you should choose a style over for.

If you mean size in memory, then it doesn't matter at all... That's affected by width and height of the image.
Cartoony might have less textures over realistic ones, so rendering might be a tad faster, but just like size on disk, that shouldn't be the factor deciding on your game's style.
Okay I will try thank you for your information.