Is eng.dldshare.net legit?

Shungite

Jul 24, 2020
Was trying to search for a new game and the stumbled across eng.dldshare.net.
Tried to download it and then it redirects me to a page saying "404 Error" and told me my IP would be reported to the owner of the game or some shit? Wtf?
I did some more research on it an it's apparently partnered with DLsite in some kind? I really hope they aren't actually going to sue me or some shit cause I wasn't really on my vpn at the time was just trying to see if I can buy the game bruh. Any similar experiences?

Reactions: Fibbers

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
Either trolling or just setting you up for a scam. Even if they did send your IP, whats a VN creator fonna do? Hire a lawyer to track down a rando IP and file a lawsuit? They'd be broke. Even back when the musix industry was doing this actively, they'd be hitting people with 5 digit catalogs of files because anything less would make no sense.

Reactions: Shungite

Shungite

Jul 24, 2020
Either trolling or just setting you up for a scam. Even if they did send your IP, whats a VN creator fonna do? Hire a lawyer to track down a rando IP and file a lawsuit? They'd be broke. Even back when the musix industry was doing this actively, they'd be hitting people with 5 digit catalogs of files because anything less would make no sense.
Yeah I'm also guessing it's just a spoof to scare off westerners from pirating games. I don't think clicking on a page is illegal.

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Yeah I'm also guessing it's just a spoof to scare off westerners from pirating games. I don't think clicking on a page is illegal.
Not only is it not illegal, it is also not legally tenable.
So yes, that's just some stupid scare tactic.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Ignore DLD and HaitenJP. If something from DLSite is out there it will probably be on, or soon be on Anime-Sharing.

Reactions: junior20000

NUUTS

May 3, 2023
Let's just say that there are many author and companies among the Japanese who are willing to prosecute even at a loss.
If that's what you're afraid of, why not just buy it from DLsite and play it?
I doubt the humanity of people who proudly talk about downloading pirated copies.

junior20000

Sep 7, 2017
Tried to download it and then it redirects me
We all have fallen sometime into the good old download button that pops up in the message "say no to piracy" and redirects us straight to dlsite.
Anime-Sharing and Mikocon are the best places to find anything dlsite related.

Reactions: Fibbers