Is it alright if my game used the default RPGMaker assets?

CoconutPanda

Dec 23, 2019
I've been playing alot of RPGMaker games in here and alot of them had a default tile assets, UI and others. So far none has bothered me that much with the same look you see on every rpgm games but it does sometimes get a little bit boring, it doesn't bother me that much.

I am making a game on RPGMaker, I wouldn't want to make it not appealing on first look because of the same assets used in other games but using different tileset would lead to more time consuming process by making new ones and re apply them on the map editor. I want to know if you're alright with default assets being shown?

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Yes, default assets are decent already.

Few people expect custom tilesets and sprites from RPGM games. Sure it is better if you can create them, your game will look unique, but it isn't a necessity by any means.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
If it's your first time making an RPGM game, definitely use the default assets instead of reinventing the wheel. There are going to be enough bottlenecks as it is, adding more for a minor cosmetic upgrade would mean a big chunk of dev time that you can spend on more important things. Ideally, start out making a smaller game, and use what you learned while developing them to see how you can gradually scale up the ambition for the subsequent ones.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CoconutPanda

lop333

Game Developer
Dec 27, 2019
Make your game or all the events and set up you need then worry about the art since its easy to change.
Also yea its fine most people come here just for the sex scenes

Reactions: CoconutPanda