Is it just me or is there a content drought for the past 2 or 3 months?

RareRed

Oct 8, 2018
bump. Lot of updates on stuff i'll prob never try. Maybe they all died of covid :KEK:

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
I think it just depends on the games/kinks you are following, four of my favorite games won't have updates until at least march but...
summertime saga
lifeplay
claires quest
resize me
unlimited pleasure
corrupted kingdoms
another chance
to name some all had updates in the last week and many more were updated in the last few months. So it doesn't look like a drought, maybe some dev's just started working after christmas holidays, a few popular games have 2 or 3 month update times.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
~2k games updated/released in the last 90 days.
1645572740423.png
That's almost 20% of all games.

Doesn't sound that bad too me...

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
I can usually find a game to try at bare minimum once a week sometimes even once a day near the end/start of the month when stuff releases. Lately it seems like most good quality games are not getting made/updated rn.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Lately it seems like most good quality games are not getting made/updated rn.
~50% of all western games get abandoned. I'm not sure what you call quality games but half of them are probably going to slowly fade into abandonment, so I would check the ones you care about to see if maybe they weren't already abandoned or are in the process of.

It's usually only after 3 months that the abandoned tag starts being applied.

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
~50% of all western games get abandoned. I'm not sure what you call quality games but half of them are probably going to slowly fade into abandonment, so I would check the ones you care about to see if maybe they weren't already abandoned or are in the process of.

It's usually only after 3 months that the abandoned tag starts being applied.
I know it just feels worse lately

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I do think a lot of the bigger games are updating slower. Partially that's because the quality bar is going up; we need to provide more content for it to be a 'real' release, and stand out against the crowd. There's also more content per gameplay minute; more animations, more effects, more unique renders, and everything takes time. If I compare the first couple of releases of Love of Magic, so much less time was spent, and I could do a release every 5-6 weeks without too much trouble. There's no way I could have done Act IX or X in that timeframe.