Is it just me or ....

Rasaion

Dec 27, 2019
i might be oblivious towards what it does take to work on Content.... but given the nature of how many patreon developers are creating content with a steady stream of income and now with the corona crisis impacting quite a few i kinda expected that the pace on good projects increases not decreases.

There are multiple projects such as: Family man, haley, beingadik and many more that i kinda question.
And amazing titles such as babysitter got rushed to death....

There might be a difference on actual Facts and mine felt ones. I see quite alot good titles 0,1 0,2 0,3 popping but the one with content are kimda rare

Corvo Bianco

Aug 1, 2019
Sitting in your room for weeks in quarantine feels good. You feel so productive when you can't even go outside for a walk. Your creative juices flow like never before. Quarantine is energizing. No, it is exhilarating!

But seriously. Content creators are people too; try to remember that sometimes.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I think this issue is a bit more complex than you may think. I understand completely why you may come to that conclusion. More time should equal more work yes? After all, I haven't checked any games out in quite a while. When I came back last night, I was expecting quite a bit more than there was.

Sitting in your room for weeks in quarantine feels good. You feel so productive when you can't even go outside for a walk. Your creative juices flow like never before. Quarantine is energizing. No, it is exhilarating!

But seriously. Content creators are people too; try to remember that sometimes.
However, I don't think Corvo here is 100% correct either. Yes, I can understand how the quarantine can be bad for creativity, the bigger hit would be on motivation. Not knowing how long it will last, is hurting everyone. It's easy to think "we have x amount of time left so let's wait a bit before getting started" and repeating that cycle. As for creativity, most people in any sort of creative work have plenty of ideas they want to incorporate and likely have a list somewhere. Due to time, or motivational problems, the list may never shrink, or content never gets added.

Also, there are potentially missed opportunities for those who have lost their motivation. With so many many things from movies, to games getting delayed, it is prime time for devs to pump out their work in an attempt to attract potential new players, which in turn potentially means more income. With so many people unable to work right now, and assuming only the minority make their games full time, it's easy to see the potential gain vs loss for this community during this time.

The other major issue I see, and it is a big one, and IMO affects things quite a bit more than anything I've mentioned so far, their families are home. I can assume many of the devs have children, wives, girlfriends or live with parents, siblings, etc. With everyone at home at a time like this, it becomes considerably more complicated to make games with certain genres most would consider unsavory. Imagine being a 20-year-old college student, still living with your parents, you're making an adult incest game where you fuck your siblings and mother. Now imagine getting caught testing, or writing your game. Now what kind of awkward conversation do you think that would be?

Corvo Bianco

Aug 1, 2019
As for creativity, most people in any sort of creative work have plenty of ideas they want to incorporate and likely have a list somewhere.
Oftentimes creativity isn't about ideas, but about the execution of ideas. I work on sex animations now. I know what must be done, and I know how to do it. But to make the animations interesting, fresh and juicy, I have to come up with creative solutions on the spot. And feeling down may damage the ability to do so.

whiskeyrose

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
i might be oblivious towards what it does take to work on Content.... but given the nature of how many patreon developers are creating content with a steady stream of income and now with the corona crisis impacting quite a few i kinda expected that the pace on good projects increases not decreases.

There are multiple projects such as: Family man, haley, beingadik and many more that i kinda question.
And amazing titles such as babysitter got rushed to death....

There might be a difference on actual Facts and mine felt ones. I see quite alot good titles 0,1 0,2 0,3 popping but the one with content are kimda rare

Not to specifically call out any dev you're referring to, but it's in a projects best financial interest to trickle content out. The fact that most devs trickle out 2 scenes every 3 months doesn't change whether there's a global pandemic or not. In fact the current event gives them a plausible excuse why its taking 3 months to add honeyselect screenshot images to their game.