Is it possible for a daz file to contain a virus?

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
I doubt one could be embedded in the asset file itself, especially if only opened through Daz and not directly. Just don't open anything like .exe files.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Can I get a virus from downloading 3rd party daz assets?
WinAce (an archive manager) had a security breach that permit to execute arbitrary code when opening some archives. Same for libJPEG, the main code used to proceed JPG images. And Daz 3D itself can potentially have the same kind of security breach. So, technically speaking, there's nothing preventing a virus to be spread through none executable files.
But the main issue is DAZ scripting language, that can permit to create a virus. And those files can be automatically proceeded when you open an asset.

Whatever if it's Daz3D assets or something else, as long as you download something from a none official source, there's always a risk. It's at you to decide if the place where you found it is safe (like here by example) or not.

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
If in doubt try submitting it to virustotal.com
They'll scan it with a bunch of popular virus scan engines and display the results. If none (or very few) of them find anything, it'll be pretty unlikely that your file is infected, at least with anything they know about.