Is it possible to fit genesis clothes onto a MakeHuman figure ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1063287
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1063287

With MakeHuman you can easily create various characters, but unlike DAZ3D it doesn't have as many freebie clothes available. Does anyone know if such a thing is possible ?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Have you looked at the user submissions?
Still not a ton of options, and if you use custom morphs for the body they don't work for the clothes.
Typically if close from this or blendswap do not fit, since I do everything in blender, I can just reshape clothes. As for Daz content, I know sometime it can be exported to blender, but since most files are protected or paid for, people are not allowed to export these files to be shared so I have a hard time getting asses to any exported daz stuff, since I don't buy anything daz related. I have thought about using assets from the massive unity store, but most of them are too low res, and blender and obj is not the most common and supported formats on sites like turbo squid.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
In theory, yes, you could do this. In practice, what you'd have to do is export the Daz clothing into some other program (such as Blender) and then alter their shape to fit your character properly. You'd probably also have to re-rig them to conform to what MakeHuman needs.

Bottom line, I'm not aware of any "one click" solution that will do this for you.

That's the technology part. The legal aspects are separate, and would be governed by the terms of the Daz EULA or whatever other store you bought the content from.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I used MakeHuman at the beginning of my odyssey and would clearly recommend you to switch to DAZ. MH is nice for creating characters, but thats not hard in DAZ too and you'll have way lesser problems finding assets.