Ren'Py Is it possible to jump, to a identifier?

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Hi,
I have in Summertale Saga this dialoque identifier 'ano01_cops_home_entrance_f0b4f219', which I changed in my mod. Is it possible to jump to a specifice scene to test it, if I change the lines like I wanted them to look like?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I have in Summertale Saga this dialoque identifier 'ano01_cops_home_entrance_f0b4f219', which I changed in my mod. Is it possible to jump to a specifice scene to test it, if I change the lines like I wanted them to look like?
Yes you can :
  • from the console just type jump ano01_cops_home_entrance_f0b4f219 ;
  • or just do a temporary edit of the start label to make it start by jump ano01_cops_home_entrance_f0b4f219 ;
  • or make a temporary edit of the after_load label to (dirtily) make it end with jump ano01_cops_home_entrance_f0b4f219 ;
  • or associate a key with a jump to the label that I'll not repeat again ;
  • or have a overlay screen with a "test" button that will jump to the expected label.

There's surely more that I forgot, which one to use depend of what there's in the label and what you intend to effectively see during your test.

This said, if you need to ask for something as basic as this, is a game with a code as complex as Summertale Saga the right thing for you to mod ?

Reactions: Sothyr