Is it possible to receive a notification if a post is edited?

Benji13

Jan 30, 2019
Hi there, it's me again :)

As the thread-name says I want to be notificated if a post is edited. More precissely: I want to receive a notification everytime if the main-post of a game is updated so I see if it has an update. At the moment I get several dozens of notifications per day because I "watch" the thread. For some of them I want that, because I like to read the whole discussion of the games I like and take part in the disscussions. But most of the games I just want to play. But I have to open them every time, else I wouldn't reveive another notification and so won't see when there is an update.
That's annoying but not the worst thing of it. To some games only a few or no people write comments. If such a game receives a new version and the uploader only updates the starting-post, then it is nearly impossible for me to ever see that. Or only if someone mentions it in a new post. That can be a day, weeks or months after the release, based on it's poppularity. I have too many (and increasing amount of) games that I watch, so I can't look up everyone of them.

So is it possible for some games to just and everytime receive a notification when it's starting post is updated/edited?
Can't find an option for that in the settings, but maybe there is such an option?
Or maybe the owner/s of this website can add this?

Reactions: taxophon

Benji13

Jan 30, 2019
Nobody there who also wants such a function? Thought it would be something many people here would want to have.