Unity - Completed - Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate [Final] [Mages]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Lunarius

As a game, it's a mediocre dungeon crawler with visual novel elements. It works, and it's good enough to pass the time, but... that's it.

Story-wise, it's a videogame adaptation of the animé adaptation of the light novel series of the same name. I have neither seen the animé nor read the manga, but even I can tell that the game kinda mangles the story in order to fit it into a videogame format.

The quality of the art is decent (and I suspect that they just used screenshots from the animé at several points).

As far as ecchi content goes, this game is pretty tame. No nipples or other no-no parts. There is one case of technical nudity where you get a fullbody shot of Aiz while she's taking a shower, but strategically placed steamclouds mask anything even vaguely naughty. So don't play this game for the ecchi unless you're dying to see Aiz's knees or bellybutton.

As for the game's setting: it's really just a basic bitch animé fantasy thing. Adventurers, classes, dungeons, yadda yadda. Up to and including videogame mechanics like stats and levels that just show up in-story. Ye gods, I hate that shit. At least it doesn't have stat screens that magically pop up like holograms. Anyhoo, don't expect any original settingbuilding here.

And as for the characters: most of them are passable or entertaining. Pity that the protagonist isn't one of them, though...

Seriously, Bell is a dense, excitable moron. He's obnoxious and so prone to doing stupid shit that I was repeatedly hoping that someone would kick him in the head already. Sadly, this never happens.

Hestia is a cutie, though. Annoying, but cute. A bit like Uzaki-chan, which is a comparison that also holds up when it comes to her... assets.

Aiz is also a cutie, even if she's basically a stereotypical autist. An autistic action girl waifu who has yet to make sense of this whole emotions thing.

There's also a bunch of other characters, both male and female. Even though this is a harem comedy thing, harem antics thankfully don't dominate every bit of the story or the various characters' interactions. Still - there's only one character in the game who has a love interest that *isn't* Bell or Aiz...

All in all, the game is entertaining - but three stars is the best I can give it.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Pitrik

Nice game. Covering the events of the first season of the anime, DanMachi: Infinite Combate alternates the narrative from Bell's point of view with that of Aiz ( also some events from the spin-off Sword Oratoria) and I can say that all is really well made ( also if sometimes is a little repetitive). I loved the mix between a visual novel and a classic RPG ... As a big fan of the anime and of Hestia has been a pleasure to see her again