RPGM Is Mac worth it?

MacOS

• Just Do It - hope for the best (if it works on Windows it might work on Mac)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Don't bother (stick to a Windows only release)

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Find a Mac user for early testing

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Sin-E-Matic

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2023
Hey all getting ready to release a game on Windows but have been thinking about a Mac version to maximise the potential player base, the problem is I don't have a Mac and so can't test/verify the game is working as intended so would be releasing blind.

My question is, is MacOS popular enough to be concerned about or is it best to just stick to what you know and not offer it? Has anyone released a MacOS version of their game blindly and had any issues/negative feedback? is it worth finding someone who has a Mac and offering to give early access in exchange for technical feedback?

I'd hate to flat-out refuse if someone was to request it.

any opinions? thanks =)

Sin-E-Matic

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2023
I'm thinking I'll try it for early version and if there are a lot of bugs reported, discontinue in future builds. (y)

Reactions: carmennnoiu

carmennnoiu

Jul 7, 2023
I recently found a good site, you can browse, because for example in this article I found a lot of interesting things for myself.

Last edited:

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
From personal exp, MAC versions get one tenth the downloads.
I didn't test my MAC versions for a super long time and I didn't have any unique MAC issues.
You can use a simple VM or MAC emulator to test your game if needed.
Check your plugins, some have issues with MAC deployment.

m4kro

Formerly 'm5kro'
Feb 7, 2020
If you're too lazy to port your rpgm mv and mz games to mac, I'd be willing to do it :)

Edit: its actually really easy for mac users to run most rpgm games using nwjs, most are just too lazy to put in the 3 clicks needed or look for the solution

Last edited: