Is NOPY safe

amanwhobreathes

May 19, 2020
Hi! This is my first time trying this out and I want to download a game off NOPY but it just kind of looks sketchy to me does anyone have any insight into if its safe or not? I just obviously want to avoid downloading a virus so I want to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: OWOWatsThis?105

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Hi! This is my first time trying this out and I want to download a game off NOPY but it just kind of looks sketchy to me does anyone have any insight into if its safe or not? I just obviously want to avoid downloading a virus so I want to be sure.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, it's safe. :)

As someone already said, check out their thread or even look at their page.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
We pay a LOT of attention before adding files in the opening post. They are checked and costantly monitored. Same for the hosts. They are carefully selected and re-evaluated periodically. However as any place on internet, it is good habit consider any download still dangerous.
Always check them with a good antivirus, especially if files posted by random users.

D

Deleted member 78983

You could always check the files online using Virustotal if you are cautious. Nopy itself is not a sketchy site and downloading anything from there is more about how reliable the developer is. That being said. You shouldn't really have concerns when downloading popular games. People will comment on the post if there is malware. So in a nutshell: use common sense(don't download files that say trojan.exe). I have personally downloaded around 30 games and by far haven't found any malware.

Reactions: amanwhobreathes