Blender Is possible to make script to start a new blender file to render it when the last one finishes while I'm AFK

saaasassaas

Jul 9, 2023
So I what I want to make is here is example. I make A,B,C,D,E blend files, each file have 1 hour render time ( for image render), and in each file when you enter, camera is set and everything i just need to press f12 to render it,

so when A file finish rendering in like in one hour, i want to start B file to render, then when is file B finished, C file start to render and so on until I render all ABCDE files, all that while I am doing activity far away from computer.

So when I come home from school that I have all that files rendered. Is possible to make that? If so, can you tell me how to, thanks.

60Points

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Yes, it is possible, a while ago I made one to start a render at a specific time.

You should have the script start rendering the current scene, and monitor the result of the render, when it finishes, delete all the objects in the scene, and an append to all the objects in a blendfile (maybe wait a few seconds here) render them, and again the same.

You cannot directly open the file because the script is per file (if you try to open another file when finishing rendering, the script will stop executing). If the scenes you are rendering are the same, you can directly render the animation, and modify the positions, colors, etc. in a new frame.
Or use something like teamviewer.
Different approaches.

saaasassaas

Jul 9, 2023
Yes, it is possible, a while ago I made one to start a render at a specific time.

You should have the script start rendering the current scene, and monitor the result of the render, when it finishes, delete all the objects in the scene, and an append to all the objects in a blendfile (maybe wait a few seconds here) render them, and again the same.

You cannot directly open the file because the script is per file (if you try to open another file when finishing rendering, the script will stop executing). If the scenes you are rendering are the same, you can directly render the animation, and modify the positions, colors, etc. in a new frame.
Or use something like teamviewer.
Different approaches.
What about command line, can i put 5 files in command line, then when first finishes with rendering, next one in the line start to render.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Yes, by writing a batch file, you can create a method to automatically render several files.

The issue? None, I'm just annoyed because I actually had a .bat file that did this, throw files in a folder, and it makes new folders and renders into each folder, but for the life of me I can not find it. looking over my hard drives, they look cleaner than I remember, so I suspect I removed the files and backed them up on my NAS... which is currently not networked due to remodeling the house.
but yes, if you know the command line for finding the local drive letter, the local path, storing the local path, cycling through all files at a target folder, getting the name of each file and making a folder based of its name, you can use the blender command line to render and output to where you want, you can have it do one file at the time (recommended) or simultaneously (your computer will hate you).

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Also, this is not the original file I used, but this is a .