Tutorial Ren'Py Is there a guide to making trainer games in Renpy?

toxicdred

Oct 8, 2021
Hey guys, I've recently started to want to make a renpy trainer game, as i've been inspired by a few i've seen, anyway, I'd like to know if there is a guide anywhere to making one which covers, how to code for events, animations, training scenes once goals have been completed, how to create a money system with traders, and how to script battle sequences which drops random loot upon defeat. Thanks ever so much!

Reactions: BlackDragon98

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Come over to the "dev help" subforum and check the various historic threads about the various subsystems you mentioned.

Then post your bad code or examples of your misunderstandings and enjoy AnnOnoymous destroying your fragile ego (lol - he's grumpy but knows his stuff for renpy coding very well)

Reactions: toxicdred

BlackDragon98

May 31, 2020
Hey guys, I've recently started to want to make a renpy trainer game, as i've been inspired by a few i've seen, anyway, I'd like to know if there is a guide anywhere to making one which covers, how to code for events, animations, training scenes once goals have been completed, how to create a money system with traders, and how to script battle sequences which drops random loot upon defeat. Thanks ever so much!
Just remember not to make them so damn grindy and the game will be more well received than half of the others in its category.

Reactions: toxicdred

toxicdred

Oct 8, 2021
Come over to the "dev help" subforum and check the various historic threads about the various subsystems you mentioned.

Then post your bad code or examples of your misunderstandings and enjoy AnnOnoymous destroying your fragile ego (lol - he's grumpy but knows his stuff for renpy coding very well)
Hi, thanks ever so much for the help!

• Red Heart
Reactions: osanaiko