Is there a market for backend full production? Or...

Dec 23, 2020
I am a writer and I am somewhat inventive. Unfortunately I lack any drawing, painting, or other visual artistic skills at all.

I can easily make 5-10 unique and very out of the norm games but there would be a need either for a graphics artist to assist, a program of some sort that would create characters (including sex scenes) for me, or I would (at this time preferred option) be able to sell a completed story to an artist who then could go on to finish the game.

Is there a market for work like that? Or a program that can create characters with ease and demonstrate them in backgrounds available online as well?

Rezi7272

Mar 10, 2020
There are some writers in industry, who works works in projects, but they are not selling full scripts and rather working with team for some time for share of patreon subs or get payed, when dev needs their services. And keep in mind vast majority of projects made, because devs want to share their story (and in addition they probably don't have money to pay you).

As for art there is whole subforum about 3D programs and guides, that can help you: https://f95zone.to/forums/programming-development-art.73/

Reactions: ThatPlayerOneGuy

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
1. Download Ren'py
2. Download Atom
3. Start writing the game story you want in Ren'py

> Unfortunately I lack any drawing, painting, or other visual artistic skills at all.
4. Use Virt-amate or Honey Select to create art. If you don't like these, get DAZ Studio & Genesis 8.1F.

Download all these right now and get to work on your first game.

Reactions: ThatPlayerOneGuy
Apr 19, 2019
...Download all these right now and get to work on your first game.
100% agreed here. Ideas are worthless by themselves. If OP uses his writing skills to build something. Anything that showcases his excellent writing, utilizing stock or even stand-in graphical resources just to get the point across, that's 1000x better than just saying "writer for hire".

Even if he is an amazing writer, how would anybody know? What has he made that demonstrates that amazing writing?

Seriously guy, if you make a game featuring stickfigures that has some absolutely stand-out writing, it will get noticed regardless of the bad art. Hell, you don't even need art. Plenty of successful text-only experiences out there.

Forget your standards and make the thing. The rest will follow.

Dec 23, 2020
100% agreed here. Ideas are worthless by themselves. If OP uses his writing skills to build something. Anything that showcases his excellent writing, utilizing stock or even stand-in graphical resources just to get the point across, that's 1000x better than just saying "writer for hire".

Even if he is an amazing writer, how would anybody know? What has he made that demonstrates that amazing writing?

Seriously guy, if you make a game featuring stickfigures that has some absolutely stand-out writing, it will get noticed regardless of the bad art. Hell, you don't even need art. Plenty of successful text-only experiences out there.

Forget your standards and make the thing. The rest will follow.
I fully expected to have to create something in full except for images then make a video of it to showcase it before attempting a sale.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I fully expected to have to create something in full except for images then make a video of it to showcase it before attempting a sale.
If you're looking for a sale, I think you're getting this completely wrong. As others have said, there might be artists wanting to hire writers, but just to make them write the stories those artists can't properly convey by themselves. So if you want to be paid by an artist you'd be working on their idea, not yours (although you could always implement your own ideas, of course, but within the artist's original concept). Most of times, though, things here work the other way round: you, as a writer, have an idea or even a complete story but lack the skills to actually make a game of it. Then you might want to look for an artist and a coder in this subforum and offer them to share revenues. But I don't think you'll find many people willing to just "buy" your story: it's exactly the opposite, chances are you'd end up paying for the art.

Anyway, those artists are going to need some proof of your writing skills, so offer them something: a text-only story in twine or something like that