Is There A Market For This Game?

Sep 3, 2017
Hi F95zone community!

Recently, I have began drawing more specifically in a cartoon genre, and I had an idea, and I want your take on it. I wanted to make a game with the same art concept of Total Drama Island. The reason why I decided Total Drama Island is due to its various different characters which fit a liking of many people, and maybe people also like the kind of art that they use? Anyways, here is my main idea (won't get into too much detail).

-Main plot is kind of like TDI, which will also allow me to make it more realistic to why characters get to like each other(?)
-I want it to be based upon customers/consumers.
-Maybe do an elimination once every 3-4 months? (will allow an ending to the game, and if successful maybe a 2nd game or more?
-Choice based, meaning choices you made effect you later in the game. (lead to different content which different people may enjoy?)

As I said I won't get into too much detail, but what is your opinion on it? Would you be interested in this kind of game? All of these question marks are only because this game is a maybe, and because if people do like the idea I also want them to like the game if it ever releases.

Thank you for any feedback.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Firstly, TDI is new enough that there are millennials who aren't going to know what you're talking about. I only know about it because of Rule 34. I have a basic idea of the concept, because of that, but that is all. So, my first suggestion is distance yourself from the source material and make it your own.

Secondly, unless you are already a game designer, I doubt you're going to be able to work on something you're not passionate about. DO NOT tailor your game to other people's tastes alone. If you do your're going to burn out.

Thrid, Island Eliminations are a huge pathing challenge if you're giving players a choice in this matter. Essentially, even though you are eliminating a girl every so often, you'll still be writing a story for every girl, and you'll need to vary those stories dependent on who is and isn't eliminated. So, honestly, while I think that would be a cool premise, you're looking at a huge undertaking

Fourth, as I said, I only have a basic conceptual understanding of what TDI is. My suggestion to you would be to make it more of a "Bachelor" or similar show where the girls and the guy are there for the specific purpose of finding some sort of relationship. This would actually generate a good premise for everything sexual that you would later earn.

Sep 3, 2017
Firstly, TDI is new enough that there are millennials who aren't going to know what you're talking about. I only know about it because of Rule 34. I have a basic idea of the concept, because of that, but that is all. So, my first suggestion is distance yourself from the source material and make it your own.

Secondly, unless you are already a game designer, I doubt you're going to be able to work on something you're not passionate about. DO NOT tailor your game to other people's tastes alone. If you do your're going to burn out.

Thrid, Island Eliminations are a huge pathing challenge if you're giving players a choice in this matter. Essentially, even though you are eliminating a girl every so often, you'll still be writing a story for every girl, and you'll need to vary those stories dependent on who is and isn't eliminated. So, honestly, while I think that would be a cool premise, you're looking at a huge undertaking

Fourth, as I said, I only have a basic conceptual understanding of what TDI is. My suggestion to you would be to make it more of a "Bachelor" or similar show where the girls and the guy are there for the specific purpose of finding some sort of relationship. This would actually generate a good premise for everything sexual that you would later earn.
Thanks for the feedback!

I was actually more interested in the art of TDI and if people are interested in that rather than the actual storyline. I always wanted to make a game and started looking into RenPy (as I know Python but it doesn't seem to really matter so far). I actually do like your idea of being a Bachelor and might consider it. Game designing is something that always intrigued me but I never actually decided to pursue it. It's been a hobby of mine to draw and if other people could enjoy it I see it as an achievement. The main reason why I decided to leave all the question marks is because I thought it would be nice to have the opinion of the community on the final product. Of course I will also do it on my own taste but having an idea of what others want in the game I think can improve it greatly.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
It's a cartoon reality show, yes. I like the idea that was given to me, but it's the art that interests me if people want to see, I'm currently just scribbling around until I get something I like I might upload an example of a person soon.
As I said, I came across it in Rule 34 circumstances and was often interested in certain characters. I never really got into anything because I need to know the characters, but I can say I did like them well enough.

To give people an idea of the art style in question. It's not the most realistic style, but it works. Similar, I guess, to Samurai Jack and other Cartoon Network series around that era.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.