Is there a reason why no Game updates/fixes appear in "Latest Games & Updates"?

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Is there a reason why no Game updates/fixes appear in "Latest Games & Updates"?

I look only in this thread and so I miss a lot of updates/fixes.

For example Tales of Dinity I posted and reported a "small" update. The game thread have an update the game don´t appear in "Latest Games & Updates" (0.02.37 to 0.02.39).

I have aso seen this for example for "Summertime Saga" the 0.20 version was posted there in "Latest Games & Updates" that the game get a few days later an update to 0.20.1 not.

So you normal only know from this update when you look daily in the game thread or look for game A and you see the game have a update and when not you miss all the updates from the other games.

I thought "Latest Games & Updates" means aso that the thread get an update when the game have an update.

So maybe somebody can explain why not?

Last edited:

Ankah

Aug 20, 2019
I saw in one thread a mod saying that the games only appear in the list of last updates once a week, even if there is more than one update

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 64

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Games only get promoted for major updates and once per week to combat devs abusing the LU page to stay always on top.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Out of curiosity for future reference constitutes a major update? I am working on some translations overhauls for MTL games and curious if when they are released that would result in a LU bump or not.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
bug fixes and fixing grammatical errors for example usually do not constitute a major update

Reactions: Silentce

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
bug fixes and fixing grammatical errors for example usually do not constitute a major update
The reason is clear and mentioned two above, but on the downside this discourages bugfixing. There should be some
secondary categorie/counter on this threads for this or some similar thing. This could be working like the views/likes
mechanic which are aleady on the games.

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
redknight00 So I have a question.
I and my team update the game, but our versions are kinda different,
Pre-alpha, alpha, and beta.

From pre-alpha to Alpha game has huge updates, like modification of UI, fixing models, images, texts and also adding new storylines.

Will it get posted in the latest updates or not?

For example, there was 170 renders in pre-alpha, but in alpha, there are 380 renders. For us, this is a big update.

While we are not changing the game version still a lot is being added. as for from alpha to beta, there are minor bug fixes and etc.

We can't categorize games like v0.0.1 and v0.0.2 because the main story consists of 1-6 scenes, in the alpha update it doesn't;t change but, what changes are - if there was 1 or 2 routes in-game, we're adding much more routes and choices in-game, making game filled with new content, also some old scenes might be completely remade.