Is there a way to shutdown random encounters in rpgace and mv games?

ajankia

Jul 16, 2017
So i some games i am playing but getting tired of the random encounter, i wanted to know if there is a way to turn the random encounters off?
i seem to be able to do this with sgedit on old games but sgedit doesn't not work on recent games

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
I don't know besides not playing the game.
Random unavoidable enemy encounters is the worst feature in gaming. People generally don't like respawning enemies, and this is an amped up version of that. You have no sense of progressing a level, you can't backtrack or explore safely, you don't have agency to decide what encounters to to take or prepare for, it's all just constant unavoidable drain of your time and resources.
It's only done when the dev doesn't want to spend any time on mindful map design or balance the progression system.

Deleted member 1706148

Oct 12, 2019
Random unavoidable enemy encounters is the worst feature in gaming. People generally don't like respawning enemies
I don't mind it if the game offers different variety of drops from common to whatever the rarest is w/ a degree of difficulty obtaining it from each enemies. That offsets the grinding by rewarding your efforts in my opinion.

Reactions: rKnight