Is there an easy way to get into Skyrim special edition modded?

cawtai

May 22, 2021
I've already tried looking for several tutorials but there's always something going wrong, is there a step-by-step tutorial or an installer i could try? Gn

CrystalKey

Jun 28, 2021
I am playing Skyrim modded for 4 years now. And there is always something wrong with it. It takes a huge amount of tinkering around just to get it into a playable state. And there are always occasional CTDs.

If you have any particular questions i might be able to help you out.

• Sad
Reactions: MarsD

Kurumi Tokisaki

Nightmare
Donor
Sep 26, 2019
There isn't really an "easy" way to play modded Skyrim unless you use only a few mods. You usually have to mess with load order, test mods one by one if something breaks, read mod description for potential conflicts with other mods and important notes, find whatever conflicts etc. There is lots of tutorials for mod organizers which help a lot and just reading mod descriptions pretty much eliminates the most common problems but sometimes conflicts aren't known and you find them randomly.

Skyrim Special Edition is pretty stable compared to normal Skyrim even with mods. I had hundreds of mods on it before I quit for a bit due to space and time to keep adding mods to play with no issues besides one load order issue I had to fix. That's all pretty much the basics until you get too many and have to mess with other things if you hit the 255 mod limit for esp/esm/plugins.

• Angry
Reactions: terratest

theickobicko

May 29, 2019
i guess depends on what mods you want. i used to play with a combination of mods. i think it was called STEP. you can search for it, it had quite an extensive step by step guide. but it's not lewd. it's lore friendly. still i guess you can use the general knowledge from there... maybe

Illhoon

Jul 7, 2019
Download Vortex Mod manager from Nexus and use it they have alot of tutorials but the manager carrys alot of your problems aswell especially if you start getting into it. Other than that just read the Mod descriptions what is needed what conflicts are there and you will automatically start understanding alot more. I personally dont think their is a universall thats how it is easy guide anywhere even tho it would be usefull but its hard helping with special problems cause everyone has diffrent mods.
Just make sure you get the right amor for the right body type some armor needs to be edited with Bodyslide, Always Update FNIS with skeleton patch etc. these problems will show up it will help you to stay away from alot of annoying problems if you stay with one body type, also always watch the Required mods section on Nexus at some point you will have anything on their but just always make sure to check.

but in the end i think the closest thing you will find to Step by Step tutorial is at Vortex mod Manager and the manager as it is also helps you

terratest

Aug 5, 2017
Try wabbajack, helps you do everything, can still take some time if you don't have have a prem acc on the nexus i think. Havnt used it myself but seems promising.