Is there any huge DAZ Collection pack ?

MℯlonLord

Oct 23, 2022
Does anyone know if there's a huge Daz asset collection available for download? I'm talking about a large collection of 3D models, textures, and other assets that are compatible with Daz Studio. I recently ordered a new PC and I'm eager to try out all the amazing assets that are available for Daz Studio. However, I don't want to spend hours downloading each individual asset one-by-one. It would be great if there was a collection available that I could download all at once. If anyone has any information on this or can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you in advance for your help.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Does anyone know if there's a huge Daz asset collection available for download?
Just counting here, there's more than 12,500 threads just for Daz. Counting the Bundles, officials or not, the grouped threads (asset + texture packs), it's easily more than 20,000 different assets that are available. And you want them all in one collections ?
Not only the size of the archive would probably be over 3 TB, but do you have an idea what 20,000 assets mean on your computer ? And here I don't talk about the size, but about the over saturated library. Your brain would be overloaded by all this and in three years you still wouldn't know by what you have to starts just to have a blurry idea about what you now own..

MℯlonLord

Oct 23, 2022
Just counting here, there's more than 12,500 threads just for Daz. Counting the Bundles, officials or not, the grouped threads (asset + texture packs), it's easily more than 20,000 different assets that are available. And you want them all in one collections ?
Sorry, this is my fault. Should've mentioned this. I'm looking more of a diluted collection, which basically includes all the assets for a beginner like me to get started.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Sorry, this is my fault. Should've mentioned this. I'm looking more of a diluted collection, which basically includes all the assets for a beginner like me to get started.
Then all you need, you already have it. The starter pack that come with Daz Studio include the male and female models, few clothes, and in fact few everything. It's not big, nor necessarily top quality, but it's enough to starts with Daz Studio, learn what morphs are, play with shaders and lights, and start to understand how it works and what you personally would need to go further.

Grotslot

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Before you dive into downloading a large collection of assets (that doesn't really exist as far as I'm aware), I would recommend focusing on mastering the basics of DAZ first. Learning how to properly pose and light a generic model are important skills to develop and often overlooked, especially lighting. Once you have a good grasp of these fundamentals, you can start exploring the various assets available and choose the ones that best suit your needs based on the scenario you're wanting to create.

As anne O'nymous said, having access to a large library of assets is not helpful at all, even moreso if you're just starting out as you won't know what asset does what. I've been using DAZ longer than I care to remember, and I own assets that are often ignored.

Come up with an idea, research the assets that help that idea, and pave the way to showcase your own creativity and vision.

Reactions: MℯlonLord