• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Is there any save editor for Ren'Py?

aliscad

Jun 14, 2017
For some games, resources are hard to come by, and all kinds of stats are hard to increase. Just wondering if there is any editor for save files. There is a online editor, but it only reads first certain amount of data to be edited.

If not, is there anyway to editor it manually? Thanks

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
For some games, resources are hard to come by, and all kinds of stats are hard to increase. Just wondering if there is any editor for save files. There is a online editor, but it only reads first certain amount of data to be edited.

If not, is there anyway to editor it manually? Thanks
Best way is to first download Unren@

Then that should in most games create a console and creators console (If it does not you need to edit the files in the renpy/common directory 00console.rpy and 00library.rpy changing console to True from False using notepad ++)

Then in some renply not all in the game folder there is a script.rpy this unless mixed coded has all the console commands for variables in it

It can be read changed using something like Notepad ++ unless it has mixed or protected code (few have though)

You can use the online one it will allow you to edit variables but knowing the variable that you need to edit may be the problem and it is limited to daily use maxes
I dont speak English or write it well so ignore my mistakes I do :)

Last edited:

aliscad

Jun 14, 2017
Best way is to first download Unren@

Then that should in most games create a console and creators console (If it does not you need to edit the files in the renpy/common directory 00console.rpy and 00library.rpy changing console to True from False using notepad ++)

Then in some renply not all in the game folder there is a script.rpy this unless mixed coded has all the console commands for variables in it

It can be read changed using something like Notepad ++ unless it has mixed or protected code (few have though)

You can use the online one it will allow you to edit variables but knowing the variable that you need to edit may be the problem and it is limited to daily use maxes
I dont speak English or write it well so ignore my mistakes I do :)
Thanks for the reply. It should be helpful.