Is there any way to control defore hair manually

bumbiee.soft

Mar 18, 2023
Defore simulation are making me sick, they are too slow and too hard (sometimes impossible) to put hair in way you want for specific poses. I uses timelines but for some poses like extremely bend ones they don't work no matter what I do! Do you have any suggestion? or do you know any tool for posing hairs manually in way you want and then start simulation?

I watched a lot of videos and all are using timeline but I end up with something like this: (I just want to put the hair behind the character)

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
seems like it's working correctly. gravity points down, and that's where the hair is falling. a real person would tie her hair for exactly this reason.

if you want them not act like that, you can try adding friction to stop them sliding past the shoulders, or make them less bendy, or you can rotate your whole scene to the direction you want the hair fall.

also you can dforce first in a straight standing position so that hair falls behind her back, and only then pose without simulating.

or you can can stop simulation after just a couple frames, when hair has fallen against back but hasn't yet slid around the shoulders.

or you can put temporary object (cubes, planes, whatever) at her shoulders to stop hair falling from the side during simulation. then after simulation make those cubes invisible so they don't show in render.