3D-Daz Is there anyway to convert a genesis9texture to fit the genesis8uvmap? I know you can use the included daz3d map transfer tool to do this from....

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Is there anyway to convert a genesis9texture to fit the genesis8uvmap? I know you can use the included daz3d map transfer tool to do this from genesis8.1 to 8, but I reckon it's impossible for gen9?

There are all sorts of guides on how to convert my genesis8 character's to genesis9, that would allow them to wear genesis 9 textures, sure. But it would also prevent me from continuing to use my vast library of genesis 8 shapes/morphs on that figure. The main benefit of genesis9 is the improvement in how skin looks. If I could simply load pbrskin on genesis8 (this is already easy), and load genesis9 skin textures onto that genesis8 pbrskin shader (this task might be impossible), I could adapt and create my genesis8 figure's shape on the fly, and have it's skin end up looking great.

But I am not sure how to do such a thing, or if it's even possible :(

Like I see exists, but those legacy uv's easily allow me to convert my old skin to the new uvmap.... which... I have no idea why anyone would want, because the new skin looks better :( What I really want is the EXACT opposite of this product, a futurelegacy uv of gen9 for older gen's (most notably gen8.)

Either what I want is impossible, OR it's so easy no one has created a product to do it, because I'm just a dunce, and everyone else knows how to do it already?

Last edited:

jidgbfm

Aug 26, 2022
If you have the legacy UVs for G9, you already have everything you need really. Use any tool that can bake from one direction and you can just as easily bake in the other direction (blender comes to mind).
Read: Instead of using G8x textures on G9, which is "project G8 textures based on their UV onto G9 UVs", you project "G9 textures based on their UV onto G8 UV".

Reactions: left1000