Is this laptop good for Daz3d?

LewdPie

Jul 22, 2018
Hi, I want to create my own game with Daz3d. I searched around and found this laptop

Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15.6" Gaming Laptop 120Hz Ryzen 7-4800H 8GB RAM 512GB SSD GTX 1650 Ti 4GB - AMD Ryzen 7-4800H Octa-core - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6 - 120Hz Refresh Rate - in-pl

It says NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti but in description it says NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 only

Please let me know if I should buy this one as a beginner.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
You can work with it, but good? No, not really.
Also I'd recommend not to use a laptop at all when working on a game with Daz, if it's not a hardcore gaming laptop you'll most likely kill it sooner or later with rendering.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
not sure a laptop is a good choice at all for rendering.
nowadays, if u want to make high quality renders with multiple models and backgrounds and light etc, it will eat a lot of memory that this card can not achieve, that will force u to use cpu memory and thats slower.
I would focus on desktop and get a good gpu card that can handle the heavy load of DAZ.

LewdPie

Jul 22, 2018
You can work with it, but good? No, not really.
Also I'd recommend not to use a laptop at all when working on a game with Daz, if it's not a hardcore gaming laptop you'll most likely kill it sooner or later with rendering.
not sure a laptop is a good choice at all for rendering.
nowadays, if u want to make high quality renders with multiple models and backgrounds and light etc, it will eat a lot of memory that this card can not achieve, that will force u to use cpu memory and thats slower.
I would focus on desktop and get a good gpu card that can handle the heavy load of DAZ.
Can you guys recommend me any good PC?

Will NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 will be enough for time being and later I will try to buy bigger one

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Can you guys recommend me any good PC?

Will NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 will be enough for time being and later I will try to buy bigger one
Build your own, maybe with help if needed, don't buy a stock pc.
...but honestly, I can't recommend to buy anything right now, the market sux, everything is overpriced by a big margin, especially GPU's... I'd wait until everything settles down a bit.

LewdPie

Jul 22, 2018
Build your own, maybe with help if needed, don't buy a stock pc.
...but honestly, I can't recommend to buy anything right now, the market sux, everything is overpriced by a big margin, especially GPU's... I'd wait until everything settles down a bit.
Thanks for replying
Please take a look at this one

It has Nvidia GTX 1650. Will this be good enough to start?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
if price is concern, AMD could give u more for the money.
but, if using AMD you should instead learn blender or maya since daz is more nvidia friendly.

best choice is to build your own PC.
when building your own PC, its all about research, research and research.
compare, compare and compare. each component is to be looked into carefully, what do you need, is it compatible with the other components? is it balances? all components should be in the same range.
cpu and gpu are the most important components, so go from there. set a budget and plan.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for replying
Please take a look at this one

It has Nvidia GTX 1650. Will this be good enough to start?
It says it has a 2070 which would be okay, a 1650 doesn't have enough memory for Daz (you can use it, but most scenes will drop to cpu rendering which is a pain).
CPU is okay, but also not that important, ram should be 32gb at least (16 is okay if you're on a low budget, but you'll want more... always).

LewdPie

Jul 22, 2018
Ok, I again searched around and most of these GPU's are not available where I am currently living.
So I went through forum and found that you can make games with Honey Select.

Can I use the laptop mentioned above to make games with Honey Select?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah (Honey Select). and other similar engines.
so that laptop is good enough for that.

Last edited: