Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Hello!
Looking for a little feedback. So I have two different monitors with two totally different colors. On my 4k monitor the lighting looks good and doesn't need changed, but on my HD monitor it looks like the lighting takes up too much focus and blurs the models face a little. The last thing I want is my renders being too bright and giving people headaches when they play.

Any feedback would be appreciated, even about the quality of the render as I'm still learning DAZ. HD denoiser 2k (1).png

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
I'd say it's a bit washed out. Skin and a white wall should probably not have the same color, but if they are standing in front of a big window on a sunny day (maybe at dawn?), yeah - it's not bad (some sss would help thou). The image below would look better on my particular screen at this exact time of day, not sure if that helps:
Untitled.png

Reactions: TrropJunior

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Render looks high-quality but it's much too bright here, at least on my monitor. It's by no means extremely color accurate, but it hasn't led me wrong. What shark_inna_hat posted is quite a lot better, but still far from perfect. Everything seems to be really evenly lit, or you blasted the exposure value/ISO. The problem is that, as mentioned, it washes everything out. Or more technically, light damage. There's always going to be inherent shadow where lights are brightest, and thus creating a pleasing contrast. Especially in this case, where a bright light source is hitting them directly. There should be far more (and far stronger) shadows being shown.

Your major light source here seems to be coming from the left. There seems to be another equally harsh light source coming from either above or from the right. You might want to see if you could tone down the scene's included lighting and replace them with a fill and perhaps rim light if you aren't using them already. But Photoshop is powerful and can easily (if you know the program) help you clean up problems afterwards. Including stuff like this, to some degree.

It's pretty quick and dirty (and definitely more subtle), and I don't know what you'll be seeing on your monitor, but something like this:

Untitled-1.png

All I did was tweak adjust some stuff in Camera Raw Filter (Brightness, contrast, blacks, whites, tint), added some orange and yellow via color balance, and then accented the lighting and added/emphasized shadows with then dodge (for lighting, see the hair and lips of the left girl) and burn tool (for shadows, see right side of left girls face or the put of the elbow on right girl or certain parts of her hair.) on a 50% gray layer set to overlay (CTRL + SHIFT + N > Select overlay and check the box beneath it.).

Reactions: TrropJunior

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
MissFortune shark_inna_hat

Thank you both so much for the feedback! Once it got pointed out that the skin was the same color as the wall, something in my brain snapped and I instantly seen it all. (Being a ginger I'm used to blending in with white walls I suppose :ROFLMAO:)

Also not sure why I thought it was a good idea to post the picture without doing post-work first...

Anyway, I've taken on board what both of you said and found that my key and fill lights were just waaaaay too bright. I've since adjusted and re-rendered.

I can already see this is 100x better so thank you both so much again for the feedback! Imagetest.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.