Isometric City Maps

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
I'm at wits' end, so I'll ask here. What is a good option for creating an isometric city map that includes roads, a variety of buildings and some terrain?

I've looked quite a bit, and the crap I wind up downloading turns out to be either insufficient or just plain shit.

I'd just snap a shot of Cities: Skylines, but mod compatibility in that game is clown shoes and it would probably violate their copyright if used in another game.

Any ideas?

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
The help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

I'm looking for something like the icograms one, though I tried Icograms out and wound up rolling my eyes at it. Too much effort to produce not much of quality. I figure there has to be something like a set of vector tiles out there that would work better, but I'll be damned if I can find one.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Tiled is not good?

You could assemble a map by components (You will have to split them anyways to have hovering effects, etc.) and get such components, individually, from places like this:

I googled some more and also found this: Not sure how good it is, though.

-edit-
If all those suggestions are not good, I am sure someone will be able to help you.
In fact, if you search this forum, this question has been asked a few times before... You could try that too.

Reactions: rodneyeatme
D

Deleted member 1063287

maybe something you could try.

Reactions: rodneyeatme

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
maybe something you could try.
You know, I think I saw that blender add on a while back, but figured I'd spend a year getting everything set up nicely, then realize I have no shaders or something equally frustrating.

I'd never have thought someone would make a video tutorial for that. Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it.