Ren'Py Issue changing the projects directory

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
I am on Linux and it seems like RenPy automatically sets my Projects directory to ~/.local/lib/

When I try to change it, RenPy opens a new window that is presumably there to chose the new projects directory. Problem is that window is kind of blank and is not working properly? Probably some Linux window manager bug?

Is there a way I can change the Projects directory manually in some config file for example?

Sep 17, 2022
Not a perfect solution but you can create a projects.txt file in your sdk and add them that way.

I'd suggest trying to figure out why the screen is blank though, that's gonna be a persistent problem lmao.

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Which SDK? With renpy-7.5.3-sdk I no longer have the needed packages installed or else it has different requirements:
Code:
\_____  ____/
      \|
tiny file dialogs on UNIX needs:
   applescript or kdialog or yad or Xdialog
or zenity (or matedialog or shellementary or qarma)
or python (2 or 3) + tkinter + python-dbus (optional)
or dialog (opens console if needed)
or xterm + bash (opens console for basic input)
or existing console for basic input
It still let's me change it from the terminal though.

Also from a terminal: renpy.sh --help. The set_projects_directory command should be what you are looking for.

Reactions: liberatorus

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
Which SDK? With renpy-7.5.3-sdk I no longer have the needed packages installed or else it has different requirements:
Code:
\_____  ____/
      \|
tiny file dialogs on UNIX needs:
   applescript or kdialog or yad or Xdialog
or zenity (or matedialog or shellementary or qarma)
or python (2 or 3) + tkinter + python-dbus (optional)
or dialog (opens console if needed)
or xterm + bash (opens console for basic input)
or existing console for basic input
It still let's me change it from the terminal though.

Also from a terminal: renpy.sh --help. The set_projects_directory command should be what you are looking for.
Thanks a lot, the command line option works. I am not going to bother myself too much with the file dialog

Reactions: gojira667