Issue with female golden palace skintone texture on one specific character

tanrgith

Mar 16, 2020
Hello there,

I've just begun messing around with golden palace for female character models. So far it's working great on all models except for one.

You can see in the attachment, the skin color where the golden palace is applied does not match the surrounding skin tone. I've tested golden palace on around 8 characters, and this has only been an issue on this one specific character model.

The character model in question is by Mousso

I've tested several other female models by Mousso and have had no issues on any of those. It's an issue specific to only Tatum

So yeah, if anyone has any idea what could be the cause of this, or how to solve it, I'd be super greatful.

PS - On a sidenote, this character also doesn't seem to have a way to remove the pubic hair texture, so if someone can tell me if there's a good way to manually change the texture on daz models that would also be great.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
The character does have their own texture, and from what I have seen with daz, occasionally the layering system is a bit special. It could be it is just the texture configuration with the character. It may be possible to use the character but not her skin textures. so selecting the skin texture (ie all mats) from another character could do the trick.

tanrgith

Mar 16, 2020
The character does have their own texture, and from what I have seen with daz, occasionally the layering system is a bit special. It could be it is just the texture configuration with the character. It may be possible to use the character but not her skin textures. so selecting the skin texture (ie all mats) from another character could do the trick.
Yeah selecting a base mat from one of the other character fixes the issues on on her, so there's an easy fix if one doesn't care about the skin texture causing the skintone mismatch.

Unfortunately I really like how she looks with her default skin texture, so I'd be pretty bummed if there's just no way to solve this

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I was worried as much, unfortunately I'm no daz expert, I only use it for character idea prototyping, so I can't delve deeper into the subject.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
It's not picking up the shader when you apply it. I could give you a long arsed maybe workaround but I'd only be guessing as I don't use golden palace. However, there are two things you can do that will work.

Use New Genitalia For Victoria 8, I reckon it's better anyway

or

Go here in Daz with your character selected
xxx.jpg

And then here
xbase.jpg

Then click on the little icon and you can browse to the folder location (you can click on any body part) and copy the folder location path. Then if applying a new texture works as you say, go ahead and apply one, then go back to surfaces tab, browse to the new skin location, put your copied path in from the original character and you can manually replace the just the textures, all the shaders, etc will stay as they are.

You could copy the shaders manually but that is a whole other lesson :p

Reactions: tanrgith

tanrgith

Mar 16, 2020
It's not picking up the shader when you apply it. I could give you a long arsed maybe workaround but I'd only be guessing as I don't use golden palace. However, there are two things you can do that will work.

Use New Genitalia For Victoria 8, I reckon it's better anyway

or

Go here in Daz with your character selected
View attachment 607195

And then here
View attachment 607196

Then click on the little icon and you can browse to the folder location (you can click on any body part) and copy the folder location path. Then if applying a new texture works as you say, go ahead and apply one, then go back to surfaces tab, browse to the new skin location, put your copied path in from the original character and you can manually replace the just the textures, all the shaders, etc will stay as they are.

You could copy the shaders manually but that is a whole other lesson :p
The New Genitalia for Victoria 8 seems to works perfectly. Thank you so much. In retrospect I dunno why I didn't just think of trying a different genitalia morph. I guess I was too focused on trying to fix what I was using (though I also thought golden palace was considered the best option around).

I actually tried the skin texture swap thing first and couldn't get it working properly, but while writing this post I'm realizing I probably did it wrong. I only tried replacing the texture for the "base color", but I'd actually have to manually replace all 3 texture files per body part to make it work correctly, right?

But once again thank you for helping me fix this issue (now I just need to figure out the best way to remove that fugly looking pubic hair texture and replace it with some proper hair *grumble*)