HTML Issue with loading local html games in Linux from a secondary drive

animusgaming

Dec 11, 2018
Hi, I need some help. Recently I installed a new drive on my system (I run linux - Fedora) and copied all the local folders containing the games into it. When I am trying to open the html, the html is loading without any images. I went into the path to check and found that the html is loading from a temp location in the main drive instead of from the path, which is causing images not to load. Any suggestion on how to rectify it? (Not only for this game, but also for all html files in that drive)

Edit: Copied all the html game files to the main drive. I think something might have gone wrong in the recent kernel update or the DE update. But, any solution is welcome to avoid such issues in future.

Last edited:

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
One idea that comes to mind is that the browser is trying to use some cached image data if you used same files from different locations before. Forced refresh might help it to look up the actual new locations instead.

Alternatively: Is the new drive properly mounted and are all the file permissions set correctly for you to access?

animusgaming

Dec 11, 2018
One idea that comes to mind is that the browser is trying to use some cached image data if you used same files from different locations before. Forced refresh might help it to look up the actual new locations instead.

Alternatively: Is the new drive properly mounted and are all the file permissions set correctly for you to access?
I cleared all the browser cache and switched between browsers also,

And, regarding the drive, it is mounted properly and permissions are set. No issues with any other files in the drive, even the QSP games which are occasionally buggy in linux.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
I cleared all the browser cache and switched between browsers also,

And, regarding the drive, it is mounted properly and permissions are set. No issues with any other files in the drive, even the QSP games which are occasionally buggy in linux.
Uh, yeah sounds bizarre.

Out of curiosity, what is the temp address you mentioned where the files are read from?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
What browsers and how have they been installed? They may have some special cache directory. For instance, if they are flatpak apps, you may want to clear the content of $HOME/.local/share/flatpak/db
Other than that, I wonder if your pc is running some sandbox utility.

Reactions: gojira667

animusgaming

Dec 11, 2018
What browsers and how have they been installed? They may have some special cache directory. For instance, if they are flatpak apps, you may want to clear the content of $HOME/.local/share/flatpak/db
Other than that, I wonder if your pc is running some sandbox utility.
Hi, your suggestion was spot on. It seem the librewolf package i am using was flatpak. I tried with the native firefox app and it opened fine from the second drive. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I want to keep using librewolf.

Last edited:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I don't use flatpak apps, so I don't know exactly. I can share what I have understood so far:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maybe another user has a better suggestion. I am not familiar with Librewolf, I read it has , but I did not dig into it.
Alternatively, you could search for a solution on or

Edit: what happens if you force the browser to reload the game by pressing CTRL+F5?

Last edited:
Reactions: gojira667

animusgaming

Dec 11, 2018
Rectified the issue. Uninstalled the flatpak and installed it by adding the librewolf browser as a repository. Thanks all. It seems it is a well reported problem with the flatpak from a long time, as i checked some comments in git and other places.

Reactions: scrumbles