Daz Issues with V4 outfit after Fitting it for G8F - Any Suggestions?

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Greetings

Using a V4 for G8F Clone, I fitted an outfit on my character.

The loincloth thingy has a flap of leather that hangs down in the back. It looks ok as long as the character is standing, but as soon as I move her into a more active pose, the flap distorts and looks like it is trying to follow the backs of her thighs, and not "hanging down".

As it has gone from V4 to G8, there doesn't seem to be anything in the shape/pose tabs to adjust it.

Any ideas on how I can get it to look natural?

Rae-Flap-2.jpg
Thanks, in advance!

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Add a dForce modifier or use Mesh Grabber.

I really don't recommend using a V4 product on a Genesis 8 figure. The crotch triangulation is a pain in the ass.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
I watched several vids, and read a couple of guides on adding the dForce Modifier, but I keep running into road blocks.

Its almost as if there are not enough polygons or something to make it work. Here is another pic of the flap, just with the character put into a slightly different pose. Its almost as if on side is attached to the left leg, the other to the right and when the character is put into a pose, the "sides" of the flap follow the character instead of being independent...

Rae-Flap-Distort.jpg

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Ok... I think I figured it out... I was on the trail, with some of my observations... and had an "a-ha" moment last night.

When I used autofit... I selected V4 for what it was originally intended for, and then chose "full-body" for the "type" selection. So it was kind of seeing the whole thing as like... I dunno, a pair of pants. which is why it was following the movement of the legs and stretching.

When I imported it as type loin cloth, it figured out what it was supposed to do!
no_name Asset is Aery Soul's Evenesk Elite

Rae-Solved.jpg