RPGM - Completed - Isuem's Elixir [Final] [CLEAR-ABYST]

1. 3.00 star(s)

QuietCynic

I got exactly what I wanted in terms of story, but not realization. This is not an RPG, but rather a VN. There is practically no gameplay, narrative is divided into separate episodes, between which there is one location, a little walking and points of interest, which do not affect much.

The plot... not bad. Typical romance with all the consequences. The writing is good, it's interesting to read, the local world even has its own lore, but within the "personal" plot it makes little sense. All the information was just taken and put in a separate encyclopedia. A nice detail, but again the question of realization. No complaints, as I wrote above, I got exactly what I wanted.

Most of the questions are for the visual. It's a matter of quantity. There are very few CG, and they are often repeated. There's nothing much to say about the quality, it's standard, nothing outstanding. The same about everything else. Music and sounds do not cut the ear, performance is not lame, no bugs or errors were noticed.

Final score: 3.5 / 5. A solid 3-star, but not 4.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

JustTem

I personally enjoyed this piece of work, not bad. I'd say that certain aspects could've been expanded upon but the utilization of RPGM was done well enough to keep someone intrigued the entire play-trough. All in all It's deserving of a 4-Star.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

FortheLoveOfPie

Scenes were not horrible just very repetative. There were only like 11 scenes in the game total. A lot of them were re-used too. Not saying that's bad. I was just expecting more.

This is more of a linear short story too. Just not really my type of game is all.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

c.o.w

Is not NTR, already wins 4 stars there alone. Short visual novel based on a novel free to read here
    https://novel18.syosetu.com/n7581hb/
    Using rpgmaker as vehicle to give color, that's all if you like vanilla you will like this
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Donny Ranistvenich

It's a very short visual novel, half the game files is 500mb of music lmao. It should probably be 150mb, not 1gb. It was 10 or 12 scenes. Illustrator is good illustrator but it's mostly a story made around some images (was probably created the other way around but that's how it feels). There is no gameplay (ok, you click some items in a room then go to next dialog dump). It could have been done better in Ren'Py probably. If you wanna read lovely dovey hucow transformation story with accompanying progressing status screen, go for it, otherwise just go look at the the CG somewhere. But hey because it's short it's not wasting much of your time. 5-20min depending how much you want to pay attention to story.

Hopefully they are new gamemakers and can proceed to make something with some gameplay or a proper visual novel in the future